Details Band Is Too Large - VFP5.0a
Author Message
 Details Band Is Too Large - VFP5.0a

Hi Folks,

I'm getting this error (which I can't find in the help file) when a client
tries to print a label to a label printer. The label is 89mm x 23mm and
that's how it's set up in the label designer. The fields all seem to fit in
the label area in the designer. Has anyone come across this error? Anyone
know a fix/work-around/kludge?

Cheers,

Andrew Coates

Wed, 12 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Details Band Is Too Large - VFP5.0a

Andrew,
  I ran into this with a newer HP Ink jet printer and a report form.. Try
pulling up the bottom row, until there is no empty space at the bottow of
your label form definition.. I know, it sounds wierd..
--
Tony Miller

thwart Unwanted Spam)

Send me no Spam, lest you wish your spirit to ROT IN HELL...

Quote:
> Hi Folks,

> I'm getting this error (which I can't find in the help file) when a
client
> tries to print a label to a label printer. The label is 89mm x 23mm and
> that's how it's set up in the label designer. The fields all seem to fit
in
> the label area in the designer. Has anyone come across this error? Anyone
> know a fix/work-around/kludge?

> Cheers,

> Andrew Coates

Fri, 14 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Details Band Is Too Large - VFP5.0a

What type of printer are you doing this for??

--
Tony Miller

thwart Unwanted Spam)

Send me no Spam, lest you wish your spirit to ROT IN HELL...

Quote:
> Hi Tony,

> Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried that - I've even tried stacking
the
> fields on top of each other and making the label only one field high.

> To no avail :-(

> The weird thing is that this printer/label combination worked fine under
> 3.x/2.6

> Cheers,

> Andrew

> >Andrew,
> >  I ran into this with a newer HP Ink jet printer and a report form..
Try
> >pulling up the bottom row, until there is no empty space at the bottow
of
> >your label form definition.. I know, it sounds wierd..
> >--
> >Tony Miller

> >thwart Unwanted Spam)

> >Send me no Spam, lest you wish your spirit to ROT IN HELL...

> >> Hi Folks,

> >> I'm getting this error (which I can't find in the help file) when a
> >client
> >> tries to print a label to a label printer. The label is 89mm x 23mm
and
> >> that's how it's set up in the label designer. The fields all seem to
fit
> >in
> >> the label area in the designer. Has anyone come across this error?
Anyone
> >> know a fix/work-around/kludge?

> >> Cheers,

> >> Andrew Coates

Fri, 14 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Details Band Is Too Large - VFP5.0a

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried that - I've even tried stacking the
fields on top of each other and making the label only one field high.

To no avail :-(

The weird thing is that this printer/label combination worked fine under
3.x/2.6

Cheers,

Andrew

Quote:
>Andrew,
>  I ran into this with a newer HP Ink jet printer and a report form.. Try
>pulling up the bottom row, until there is no empty space at the bottow of
>your label form definition.. I know, it sounds wierd..
>--
>Tony Miller

>thwart Unwanted Spam)

>Send me no Spam, lest you wish your spirit to ROT IN HELL...

>> Hi Folks,

>> I'm getting this error (which I can't find in the help file) when a
>client
>> tries to print a label to a label printer. The label is 89mm x 23mm and
>> that's how it's set up in the label designer. The fields all seem to fit
>in
>> the label area in the designer. Has anyone come across this error? Anyone
>> know a fix/work-around/kludge?

>> Cheers,

>> Andrew Coates

Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Details Band Is Too Large - VFP5.0a

It's a Costar label printer.

Quote:
>What type of printer are you doing this for??

>--
>Tony Miller

>thwart Unwanted Spam)

>Send me no Spam, lest you wish your spirit to ROT IN HELL...

[snip]

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Details Band Is Too Large - VFP5.0a

Andrew,
  And do u have the latest and greatest Print Driver for it??
--
Tony Miller

thwart Unwanted Spam)

Send me no Spam, lest you wish your spirit to ROT IN HELL...

Quote:
> It's a Costar label printer.

> >What type of printer are you doing this for??

> >--
> >Tony Miller

> >thwart Unwanted Spam)

> >Send me no Spam, lest you wish your spirit to ROT IN HELL...

> [snip]

Sun, 16 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Details Band Is Too Large - VFP5.0a

Tony, I _think_ so (can't find a newer one.

Another weird thing is if I use the 2.6 lbx file (with manual edits to the
label definition table via use rather than modify label) IT WORKS! (there
may be some driver info stored in the EXPR, TAG and TAG2 fields which is
important. (I'm stripping these fields for my app so label definitions are
not printer-specific). Anyway, the client's _much_ happier now so I can get
back to playing with the report wizard interface to Crystal I'm writing.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew

Quote:
>Andrew,
>  And do u have the latest and greatest Print Driver for it??
>--
>Tony Miller

>thwart Unwanted Spam)

>Send me no Spam, lest you wish your spirit to ROT IN HELL...

>> It's a Costar label printer.

>> >What type of printer are you doing this for??

>> >--
>> >Tony Miller

>> >thwart Unwanted Spam)

>> >Send me no Spam, lest you wish your spirit to ROT IN HELL...

>> [snip]

Mon, 17 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Details Band Is Too Large - VFP5.0a

Quote:
>Another weird thing is if I use the 2.6 lbx file (with manual edits to the
>label definition table via use rather than modify label) IT WORKS! (there
>may be some driver info stored in the EXPR, TAG and TAG2 fields which is
>important. (I'm stripping these fields for my app so label definitions are
>not printer-specific). Anyway, the client's _much_ happier now so I can get
>back to playing with the report wizard interface to Crystal I'm writing.

I believe this <g>.  I think it is related to a difference between 2.x and
VFP having to do with summary bands, believe it or not.

I think that information relating to a page header size is inappropriately
being added in here (that's what's happening with the summary bands, which
should *not* get any page header at all, if they are on separate page).

Of course the label def in the VFP labels resource file could just be off!
Have you checked to see whether the page definition in the 2.6 lbx file  is
the same as the one you get for these labels if you create the LBX in VFP?
Is this a standard Label ID at all? And are you using "whole page" or
"printable page", in both cases (just curious)?

Quote:
>L<

Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFP5: Detail band is too large to fit on page

2. VFP5: Detail band is too large to fit on page

3. Detail band too large

4. detail band too large

5. Detail Band is Too Large

6. Print error message: Detail band is too large to fit on page

7. Group footer same height as detail band (when it should be 0)

8. How to limit the height for detail band

9. detail band

10. Spanning details footer band across pages

11. lines repeated in detail band

12. Detail - Constant band height