HTML Help and Visual Foxpro 6.0
Author Message
 HTML Help and Visual Foxpro 6.0

I see from previous posts that my problem is not unique.

I have had considerable trouble getting my .CHM file to be accessible
from a COMPILED VFP 6.0 application. The Help file works as designed
when my app is run in the VFP development environment. F1 will launch
my .CHM file and context-sensitivity works great.

However when I move the EXE of my app and the .CHM file to another
machine F1 will not even launch my help file. I tried a Browser-Only
install of IE4 and then a "full" install of IE4, as well as running
the HHUPD.EXE, all to no avail.

I might add that the .CHM extension is associated with HH.EXE and runs
perfectly if I double-click my .CHM file from Windows Explorer.

hhctrl.ocx, itirc.dll, AND itss.dll are in c:\windows\system.

It appears as if the EXE and CHM will only work properly with machines
that have Visual Studio on them, which does not make sense...

What am I missing here?

Sat, 20 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HTML Help and Visual Foxpro 6.0
Quote:

--

Here's a post I saved on that subject:

***Start
Subject:  Re: HTML Help File Displaying
   Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 15:09:33 -0500

     Ng: microsoft.public.fox.programmer.exchange

Place the following files in the Windows\System directory
Foxhhelp.exe
foxhhelpps.dll

Makes sure that Foxhhelp.exe is registered
(Foxhhelp.exe /REGSERVER)
***end

I hope this helps.
Greg

Sat, 20 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HTML Help and Visual Foxpro 6.0
Also see: MS KB Q194196
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q194/1/96.asp

Greg

Sat, 20 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem while running html help file thru visual foxpro

2. Help with HTML Help and VFP 6.0

3. VFP 6.0 - HTML Help / Graphical Help

4. Visual FoxPro 6.0 - help needed!!

5. help with visual foxpro 6.0 and mscomm

6. VFP 6.0 HTML help

7. HTML Help/VFP 6.0

8. Linking Compiled HTML Help to VFP 6.0 and Vis Versa

9. Html info PLEASE HELP VFP 6.0

10. Visual Foxpro 6.0 vs Visual Foxpro5.0/Foxprow 2.6

11. visual basic interacting with visual foxpro 6.0

12. Migration from Foxpro 2.6 for windows to Visual FoxPro 6.0