Convert memo field in character field
Author Message
 Convert memo field in character field

I need help. I don't know how to convert a memo field of a table into a
character field in other table. Can i do this using SQL SELECT?

Sat, 26 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert memo field in character field
Hi Andrs,

It's simple, just store the memo field into the memory variable and store
it other characters.
Example assuming your TableA contain a memo field name memofield:

SELECT tableA
m.memvar=TableA.memofield
SELECT tableB
REPLACE TableB.charField WITH m.memvar

But make sure the character field can accomodate the information that you
want to capture since the memo field could have multi lines and contain
more characters than character field could handle. You can play around with
some functions (mlines(), memline(), atc()atcline(), etc)  to achieve what
you want.

Quote:

> I need help. I don't know how to convert a memo field of a table into a
> character field in other table. Can i do this using SQL SELECT?

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert memo field in character field

Quote:
> I need help. I don't know how to convert a memo field of a table into a
> character field in other table. Can i do this using SQL SELECT?

you can use PADR() in your SELECT statement:

SELECT anyfields,PADR(memfield,100) AS cMemo ...

Best greetings

Erich TODT

Sun, 03 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. converting memo field to character in SQL

2. convert a character field to a date field

3. BigInt fields in SQL - converted to Character fields in Remote View

4. How to convert the data from the character field in the date field

5. Converting FOX Memo Field to Oracle CLOB field using SQL

6. Converting Memo fields back to Text fields

7. Converting Memos/Memo fields

8. converting numeric field to character

9. Memo Field Character Colors

10. 255 character max on Memo fields

11. 255 Characters Limit In Memo Field

12. question on displaying a memo field as a character