Memorizing form configuration during program execution
Author Message
 Memorizing form configuration during program execution

How can I memorize the order of the columns of a grid when the user changes
it ?
Greetings from Belgium !
Christian Dercq

http://www.*-*-*.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:50:57 GMT
 Memorizing form configuration during program execution
Hello,

In the destroy of my grid subclass, I have code that loops thru all columns and writes the width and the row height to an ini file.
In the init, it reads its values from the ini file and sets the properties.

--
Eric den Doop
www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP7

Quote:

> How can I memorize the order of the columns of a grid when the user changes
> it ?
> Greetings from Belgium !
> Christian Dercq

Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:08:32 GMT
 Memorizing form configuration during program execution

Quote:
> How can I memorize the order of the columns of a grid when the user
> changes it ?
> Greetings from Belgium !
> Christian Dercq

I wrote an article for the August 1999 issue of FoxPro Advisor
that has details on making your forms remember exactly how the
user left them.  Where the form was on the screen, which page
of a pageframe was active, the state and value of controls, etc.
You can take it to any level you want.  My
examples did not cover the order of grid columns, but there is
certainly no reason that could not be done using the technique
I describe.  You would just need to add that to the things that
your grid class "remembers" using my overall approach.

-- TRW
_______________________________________
My e-mail:  t r w 7

_______________________________________

Wed, 28 Jan 2004 01:40:41 GMT

1. Creating textboxes during program execution

2. How to stop program execution when calling a new form

3. Adding a field during execution without setup

4. modify the click event during execution

5. ON KEY LABEL in program execution?

6. need to speed up program execution

7. stopping further execution of program

8. Pausing Program Execution

9. Program Hang During Printing of Reports (Foxpro 2.6)

10. big mass with graph8 during programming with vfp6

11. Doing events during a long-running program

12. Form superposition and configuration file