Book - Building Visual FoxPro 5 Applications
Author Message
 Book - Building Visual FoxPro 5 Applications

Hi,

I have this book "Building Visual FoxPro 5 Applications" by Barrie
Sosinsky, which describes building an application called "Mailman".
There is an accompanying disc containing the whole application code.
The one on my disc seems to be corrupted.

I'd be grateful if anyone having it could mail me this code or tell me
where I could download it from.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
JD

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:17:54 GMT
 Book - Building Visual FoxPro 5 Applications
JD,
Is there a web site or email address listed in the book? I know all the
books from Hentzenwerke ( http://www.hentzenwerke.com/) have their code
online and even include updates and corrections when necessary.

Rick

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have this book "Building Visual FoxPro 5 Applications" by Barrie
> Sosinsky, which describes building an application called "Mailman".
> There is an accompanying disc containing the whole application code.
> The one on my disc seems to be corrupted.

> I'd be grateful if anyone having it could mail me this code or tell me
> where I could download it from.

> Thanks in Advance.

> Regards,
> JD

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 02:11:25 GMT
 Book - Building Visual FoxPro 5 Applications
Thanks Rick,

No but the publishers of this book don't seem to have anything online.

I'm a FoxPro (DOS) programmer and I'm migrating to Visual FoxPro.  I'm
trying to disect the "TasTrade" example and it's right now a bit heavy
for me.  Was hoping to start with something simpler.

Thanks again.

Rgds,
Derek

Quote:
> JD,
> Is there a web site or email address listed in the book? I know all the
> books from Hentzenwerke ( http://www.hentzenwerke.com/) have their code
> online and even include updates and corrections when necessary.

> Rick

> > Hi,

> > I have this book "Building Visual FoxPro 5 Applications" by Barrie
> > Sosinsky, which describes building an application called "Mailman".
> > There is an accompanying disc containing the whole application code.
> > The one on my disc seems to be corrupted.

> > I'd be grateful if anyone having it could mail me this code or tell me
> > where I could download it from.

> > Thanks in Advance.

> > Regards,
> > JD

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:06:36 GMT
 Book - Building Visual FoxPro 5 Applications
July,
You're right that the TasTrade example is difficult to follow - it's
"evolved" since the VFP 3.0 introduction, and while it shows off what can be
done, the coding isn't necessarily the "best" and not always the way it
should be done.

I agree with Craig's evaluation of "Fundamentals: Building Visual Studio
Applications on a VFP Foundation" - Whil has done a good job getting people
up to speed. If you have a training budget, consider MicroEndeavors
(http://www.microendeavors.com/) - they have both classes and self-study
courses. There are others offering training, it's just I know these are good
having used them.

Rick

Quote:
> Thanks Rick,

> No but the publishers of this book don't seem to have anything online.

> I'm a FoxPro (DOS) programmer and I'm migrating to Visual FoxPro.  I'm
> trying to disect the "TasTrade" example and it's right now a bit heavy
> for me.  Was hoping to start with something simpler.

> Thanks again.

> Rgds,
> Derek

> > JD,
> > Is there a web site or email address listed in the book? I know all the
> > books from Hentzenwerke ( http://www.hentzenwerke.com/) have their code
> > online and even include updates and corrections when necessary.

> > Rick

> > > Hi,

> > > I have this book "Building Visual FoxPro 5 Applications" by Barrie
> > > Sosinsky, which describes building an application called "Mailman".
> > > There is an accompanying disc containing the whole application code.
> > > The one on my disc seems to be corrupted.

> > > I'd be grateful if anyone having it could mail me this code or tell me
> > > where I could download it from.

> > > Thanks in Advance.

> > > Regards,
> > > JD

Fri, 13 Feb 2004 02:22:32 GMT

1. Getting Tables as ReadOnly after building .EXE application for Visual FoxPro 5.0

2. stored procedure in client/server application for visual foxpro application

3. Controlling Visual FoxPro from a Visual C++ Application

4. 16-bit Visual C++ Application access to Visual FoxPro database

5. Beginners help in building a small Application in Foxpro 2.6

6. FoxPro 5.0a, Service Pack 3 and building/distributing applications

7. What's a good book for beginners in Visual FoxPro 7-8

8. visual foxpro books

9. Books On Visual FoxPRo 5

10. Books for Visual FoxPro

11. BOOK: Visual Foxpro 3 Step by Step