fatal error with SQLEXEC() and SQLCONNECT()
Author Message
 fatal error with SQLEXEC() and SQLCONNECT()

When using either the SQLEXEC() or SQLCONNECT() functions to access a remote
SQL Server database, I intermittenly receive this error dialog:

Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005

When I click OK, VFP is immediately terminated.  This happens with either
Windows 98 SE or Windows 2000 Professional using VFP V6.0 SP3.  Does anyone
have experience with this problem?  Thanks.

Jim

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 01:52:21 GMT
 fatal error with SQLEXEC() and SQLCONNECT()
Try updating to SP4.  A lot of C...5 errors were fixed in SP4.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro

--
Fred
Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP

Quote:
> When using either the SQLEXEC() or SQLCONNECT() functions to access a
remote
> SQL Server database, I intermittenly receive this error dialog:

> Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005

> When I click OK, VFP is immediately terminated.  This happens with either
> Windows 98 SE or Windows 2000 Professional using VFP V6.0 SP3.  Does
anyone
> have experience with this problem?  Thanks.

> Jim

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 02:18:28 GMT
 fatal error with SQLEXEC() and SQLCONNECT()

Quote:
> When using either the SQLEXEC() or SQLCONNECT() functions to access a remote
> SQL Server database, I intermittenly receive this error dialog:
> Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005

Got that one too, but lately I get those not more. But I use VFP 6.0
SP4. And I got into the habbit to Connect only once, and never
disconnect again.

Quote:
> Windows 98 SE or Windows 2000 Professional using VFP V6.0 SP3.  Does anyone

Probably nothing to do with it, but for Win2000 there is also a service
pack. BTW which MDAC version are you using? Maybe there is a problem
also. I use 2.5, but there is also a 2.6 version.

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 15:45:16 GMT
 fatal error with SQLEXEC() and SQLCONNECT()
I have a similar problem with a SISA accounting package.
I'm using VFP SP4 and the driver is a COBOL Relational Databridge driver
from LIANT.

First connection works fine.
Disconnect and then the next connection will always fail with C0000005
error.

Except when I try it in the command window <sigh>
There I can connect/query/disconnect to my heartls content.
Only in my program does it fail.

I'm using the relation object. Therefore it's in a private DS.
I suspect that's part of MY problem.

Quote:
> When using either the SQLEXEC() or SQLCONNECT() functions to access a
remote
> SQL Server database, I intermittenly receive this error dialog:

> Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005

> When I click OK, VFP is immediately terminated.  This happens with either
> Windows 98 SE or Windows 2000 Professional using VFP V6.0 SP3.  Does
anyone
> have experience with this problem?  Thanks.

> Jim

Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:34:40 GMT
 fatal error with SQLEXEC() and SQLCONNECT()
I am attempting access to a VPF dbf.  I'm told it's ver 6, but I don't know
how to tell.

Anyway,  I get the C0000005 error when the SQLEXEC() runs, only if I have
included any of the memo fields in the Select statement.

I am working in CA Visual Objects using the latest MS ODBC driver for VFP.

I really need the data from the memo field in my application...  any ideas?

--

Lynn C. Ormond
Lucero Research

Quote:
> When using either the SQLEXEC() or SQLCONNECT() functions to access a
remote
> SQL Server database, I intermittenly receive this error dialog:

> Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005

> When I click OK, VFP is immediately terminated.  This happens with either
> Windows 98 SE or Windows 2000 Professional using VFP V6.0 SP3.  Does
anyone
> have experience with this problem?  Thanks.

> Jim

Sun, 03 Aug 2003 06:18:03 GMT

1. Fatal error in SQLCONNECT()

2. Fatal Error when connecting to SQL server through SQLCONNECT

3. Updating Form Content prior to a SQLExec or SQLConnect call

4. SQLCONNECT(), SQLEXEC()

5. VFP3 Fatal error 462 while attempting to report Fatal error 462

6. dbc and sqlconnect error

7. Fatal Error 462 while reporting 462 error.

8. Fatal error & Internal consistency error

9. Fatal error & Internal consistency error

10. c0000005 error today on SQLEXEC stmt that worked yesterday

11. SQLEXEC() error c0000005 with memo fields

12. SQLExec() C000005 error with memo fields