Printer Driver for FP 2.0
Author Message
 Printer Driver for FP 2.0

Is it possible to get a printer driver for an HP1200 laser that will
work in FP 2.0? Using HP II driver now and it's not too stable.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 04:46:07 GMT
 Printer Driver for FP 2.0
Tom,
You can update the "printer drivers" in FP 2.0, by creating a new printer
and it's control codes in the P_codes.dbf, which should be in your
..\GOODIES\PDRIVERS\ directory. Once you update this, then
you'll need to rebuild the Genpd.app (with the Genpd.pjx) and copy this new
.APP file to your users' system.

Rick

Quote:
> Is it possible to get a printer driver for an HP1200 laser that will
> work in FP 2.0? Using HP II driver now and it's not too stable.

> Thanks in advance.

> Tom

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 06:01:33 GMT
 Printer Driver for FP 2.0
What Rick said is true...I've done it a few times, but I'm surprised you're
having trouble with the HPII driver on newer machines.  I'm using FPD2.6
with the HPII  (or is it HPIII?) driver and it works well with all newer and
older HP laserjet printers.

Are you sure your 'instability' isn't coming from some where else?  What
kind of problems are you having?

--
Bill Browne
Excalibur  http://excalibur-dbf.com

Quote:
> Tom,
> You can update the "printer drivers" in FP 2.0, by creating a new printer
> and it's control codes in the P_codes.dbf, which should be in your
> ..\GOODIES\PDRIVERS\ directory. Once you update this, then
> you'll need to rebuild the Genpd.app (with the Genpd.pjx) and copy this
new
> .APP file to your users' system.

> Rick

> > Is it possible to get a printer driver for an HP1200 laser that will
> > work in FP 2.0? Using HP II driver now and it's not too stable.

> > Thanks in advance.

> > Tom

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:58:08 GMT
 Printer Driver for FP 2.0
The printer would printer would print a few pages and then Windows (98) would
indicate a connection problem and a the printer would print a few control
characters. The basic problem I'm having now is repetition of some lines in a
report. I have used FP 2.0 in my business since 1992 and it has been bullet
proof to this point. Has the hardware outrun the software? If I upgrade to a
more recent FP version which one will have the shortest learning curve for a
stand-alone op?

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I've yet to find the printer codes for the
HP1200 but I'm sure they're in the doc somewhere.

Tom

Quote:

> What Rick said is true...I've done it a few times, but I'm surprised you're
> having trouble with the HPII driver on newer machines.  I'm using FPD2.6
> with the HPII  (or is it HPIII?) driver and it works well with all newer and
> older HP laserjet printers.

> Are you sure your 'instability' isn't coming from some where else?  What
> kind of problems are you having?

> --
> Bill Browne
> Excalibur  http://excalibur-dbf.com
> Medical Claims, Taft-Hartley Fund,
> & Pension Administration Software

> > Tom,
> > You can update the "printer drivers" in FP 2.0, by creating a new printer
> > and it's control codes in the P_codes.dbf, which should be in your
> > ..\GOODIES\PDRIVERS\ directory. Once you update this, then
> > you'll need to rebuild the Genpd.app (with the Genpd.pjx) and copy this
> new
> > .APP file to your users' system.

> > Rick

> > > Is it possible to get a printer driver for an HP1200 laser that will
> > > work in FP 2.0? Using HP II driver now and it's not too stable.

> > > Thanks in advance.

> > > Tom

Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:01:18 GMT
 Printer Driver for FP 2.0
On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 02:01:18 GMT in comp.databases.xbase.fox,

Quote:

> The printer would printer would print a few pages and then Windows (98) would
> indicate a connection problem and a the printer would print a few control
> characters. The basic problem I'm having now is repetition of some lines in a
> report. I have used FP 2.0 in my business since 1992 and it has been bullet
> proof to this point. Has the hardware outrun the software?

I would try a different printer cable.  Does it do this with
other software, like your spreadsheet or word processing program?

Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:02:46 GMT
 Printer Driver for FP 2.0
No, not the cable.I changed that. I earned my blackbelt with bad cables with the
TRS-80 Model 1. I think what I have learned from the group has me well on the way
to understanding this problem. I always remember that it was FP 2.0 (again with a
new printer) about 10 years ago that gave me favorite error message "Transgressed
node found upon compaction"

Thanks to all,
Tom

Quote:

> On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 02:01:18 GMT in comp.databases.xbase.fox,

> > The printer would printer would print a few pages and then Windows (98) would
> > indicate a connection problem and a the printer would print a few control
> > characters. The basic problem I'm having now is repetition of some lines in a
> > report. I have used FP 2.0 in my business since 1992 and it has been bullet
> > proof to this point. Has the hardware outrun the software?

> I would try a different printer cable.  Does it do this with
> other software, like your spreadsheet or word processing program?

Thu, 16 Dec 2004 04:59:49 GMT
 Printer Driver for FP 2.0
does the printer work ok with other software?  the symptoms you
report sound like those of a HP laserjet that a friend had after
he had shorted out the front end of the printer's circuit board
(input buffers, actually) by hooking up a mechanical switchbox to
it to use with 2 computers.  a good static electricity zap could
do the same thing.

or it could be the printer port on the computer --- is it set for
RAW or not?  ECP?

have you tried your software with another similar printer?

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 20:59:49 GMT in comp.databases.xbase.fox,

Quote:

> No, not the cable.I changed that. I earned my blackbelt with bad cables with the
> TRS-80 Model 1. I think what I have learned from the group has me well on the way
> to understanding this problem. I always remember that it was FP 2.0 (again with a
> new printer) about 10 years ago that gave me favorite error message "Transgressed
> node found upon compaction"

> Thanks to all,
> Tom

> > On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 02:01:18 GMT in comp.databases.xbase.fox,

> > > The printer would printer would print a few pages and then Windows (98) would
> > > indicate a connection problem and a the printer would print a few control
> > > characters. The basic problem I'm having now is repetition of some lines in a
> > > report. I have used FP 2.0 in my business since 1992 and it has been bullet
> > > proof to this point. Has the hardware outrun the software?

> > I would try a different printer cable.  Does it do this with
> > other software, like your spreadsheet or word processing program?

Thu, 16 Dec 2004 06:31:25 GMT

1. Printer drivers for fp...

2. FP Dos 2.6 4019 printer driver?

3. Access a printer drivers features from FP 2.5

4. Video and printer drivers problems in FP 2.6

5. Printer driver (FP 2.6A)

6. Indexing with FP 2.0 from FP 2.5

7. Wanted: IBM Portable Printer 5183 Printer Driver or equivalent

8. Printer Driver for IBM 4019 Laser Printer

9. How do I get the printer *driver* for any available printer

10. Brother HL10H printer - error loading printer driver

11. Problem issuing printer code to Epson Printer (FP for DOS)