Help:VFP 6 Listbox column width
Author Message
 Help:VFP 6 Listbox column width

Hi,

I'm using VFP 6.0 under windows 98. I'm using the form designer to
create a listbox in a pageframe. I set the columncount to 3, then try to
create 3 different column widths with the columnwidth setting--20,10 10.
When I leave the columnwidth setting, all the columns become the same
width as the first column--20,20,20. The width of the listbox is greater
than the total of the 3, so there is plenty of space. The rowsource type
is 6 (fields), and the rowsource values are
left(alias.field1,20),field2,field3. Any ideas on why I can't set
individual column widths for each column? I also tried setting rowsource
type to 1 with the same results. Thanks.

----Jake

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 05:40:02 GMT
 Help:VFP 6 Listbox column width

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm using VFP 6.0 under windows 98. I'm using the form designer to
> create a listbox in a pageframe. I set the columncount to 3, then try to
> create 3 different column widths with the columnwidth setting--20,10 10.
> When I leave the columnwidth setting, all the columns become the same
> width as the first column--20,20,20. The width of the listbox is greater
> than the total of the 3, so there is plenty of space. The rowsource type
> is 6 (fields), and the rowsource values are
> left(alias.field1,20),field2,field3. Any ideas on why I can't set
> individual column widths for each column? I also tried setting rowsource
> type to 1 with the same results. Thanks.

> ----Jake

I cannot reproduce this in VFP6 SP5 under Win2K.

The form isn't read only is it?

-- TRW
_______________________________________
My e-mail:  t r w 7

_______________________________________

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 00:30:47 GMT
 Help:VFP 6 Listbox column width
Hi,

Thanks to everyone who gave this some thought. The problem was setting
the tabform units to foxels instead of pixels. When I switched the units
to pixels, I was able to size the listbox columns individually. Take
care.

----Jake

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:30:26 GMT

1. VFP: Column Widths For Grid in Change View

2. VFP 6 Listbox column problem

3. column width for combo box

4. Saving grid column widths on form unload

5. Column widths in an SQL statement

6. Column widths on SQL Select

7. Column Width

8. Column width in a SQL query result

9. Grid - can't scroll right depending on column widths

10. Setting column widths in the debugger

11. Question: Preventing Column width being changed.

12. Grid Column width property