Printing Multiple Tables in a single report
Author Message
 Printing Multiple Tables in a single report

I currently Have 6 seperate reports but would rather have all six tables print
to 1 single report.  Any suggestions on how to accomplish this would be
appreciated.  Currently the detail bar in the reports only allows 1 table/child
to be assigned.  Hopefully the New Version of Foxpro will resolve this whenever
it gets released but for now need a solution asap.

Fri, 13 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Multiple Tables in a single report

Quote:
> I currently Have 6 seperate reports but would rather have all six tables print
> to 1 single report.  Any suggestions on how to accomplish this would be
> appreciated.  Currently the detail bar in the reports only allows 1 table/child
> to be assigned.  Hopefully the New Version of Foxpro will resolve this whenever
> it gets released but for now need a solution asap.

There are two ways to do this: one way is to look into a third-party
solution such as Crystal Reports (5 or greater) or FoxFire!

The second way involves creating a very wide cursor, with all the fields
from each table, and an additional field identifying which table this row
came from. Then, in the single detail band of your report, place the
fields from all six of your tables, with the Print When set to the
correct identifying table.

TableA:
cFirst          cLast
John            Smith
James           Doe

TableB:
cRegion nSales
Eastern 100000
Southern        118448
Western 300982

Cursor:
cFirst          cLast           cRegion nSales          cTable
John            Smith                                           A
James           Doe                                             A
                                Eastern 100000          B
                                Southern        118448          B
                                Western 300982          B

Report:
Group Header (Group on cTable)
'Sales Staff'   (Print When cTable='A', Remove Line if Blank)
'Sales Figures' (PWcTable='B', RLiB)

Detail Band
cFirst (PWcTable='A', RLiB) cLast (PWcTable='A', RLiB)
cRegion (PWcTable='B', RLiB) nSales (PWcTable='B', RLiB)

Make sense?
--
Garrett Fitzgerald
UNICOM, Providence, RI

Sat, 14 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing multiple reports to a single PDF file

2. Newbie Question: How do I print multiple reports on a single record

3. - Combining and printing reports as a single print job

4. Single/Multiple reports

5. Multiple REPORT FORMS TO a single file when preprocessing is required

6. Attaching multiple reports to single WinFax send job

7. Printing multple reports to a single PDF file

8. Report forms to single print job....

9. FP26: report form prints 10 times single record

10. Single-spacing a report printing to file

11. FPW26 printing two distinct reports to a SINGLE PAGE

12. many tables or single table