FOXPROW has caused an error in FOXW2600.ESL
Author Message
 FOXPROW has caused an error in FOXW2600.ESL

I have a Windows ME computer and find that on downloaded sheets, I can
only print the first page of a document.  The message "Foxprow has
caused an error in FOXPROW2600.ESL.  Foxprow will now close" appears.
The whole document appears in my Download file but will only print out
the first sheet.  Any suggestions gratefully received to a computer
novice!

Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:19:33 GMT
 FOXPROW has caused an error in FOXW2600.ESL
Hi Steven:

First, you need to upgrade your FoxPro to Visual FoxPro 8.0.  Microsoft no
longer supports FoxPro 2.x products.

With that said, you might want to try the following:

1. Disable any anti virus software.
2. Remove your current printer driver and install a Generic/Text only
printer driver.
3. Delete or rename the Foxuser.* files.
4. Recreate any indexes on the tables manually.  Don't use a REINDEX
command.
5. Boot the machine in Safe Mode and try printing.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

*-- VFP8 HAS ARRIVED!! --*
Read about all the new features of VFP8 here:
   http://www.universalthread.com/VisualFoxPro/News/VFP8Release.asp
Purchase VFP8 here:
   http://shop.microsoft.com/Referral/Productinfo.asp?siteID=11518

Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;[ln];lifeprodv
   - VFP5 Mainstream Support retires June 30th, 2003
   - VFP6 Mainstream Support retires Sep. 30th, 2003

Quote:
>I have a Windows ME computer and find that on downloaded sheets, I can
>only print the first page of a document.  The message "Foxprow has
>caused an error in FOXPROW2600.ESL.  Foxprow will now close" appears.
>The whole document appears in my Download file but will only print out
>the first sheet.  Any suggestions gratefully received to a computer
>novice!

Fri, 02 Dec 2005 22:26:10 GMT
 FOXPROW has caused an error in FOXW2600.ESL
Ellen,
Your "answer" may be in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;183522 - "FIX:
Divide by Zero Creates Err with Third-Party Print Drivers". But since FPW can't directly call 32-bit
DLL's you'll need to use CALL32. The CALL32.ZIP file is on Rick Strahl's site at
http://www.west-wind.com/wwfp2pd.htm, and includes the necessary files and some demo code. I've
tried the following (which seems to work):

SET PROCEDURE TO CALL32
IF !("FOXTOOLS" $ SET("LIBRARY"))
   SET LIBRARY TO SYS(2004)+"FOXTOOLS.FLL" ADDITIVE
ENDIF
CLEAR

* Win32 usage
*
*       DECLARE _fpreset IN msvcrt20.dll
*       =_fpreset()

   lhcall32=reg32("_fpreset", "msvcrt20.dll", "")
   lh_fpreset=RegFP("", "L")
   ln_fpreset=callfn(lh_fpreset, lhcall32)

Note: Back when I was using this, I found that while CALL32 works for many
32-bit API calls, others can fail and "hang" the program / workstation - use
only when necessary and test on all potential OS platforms.

Rick

Quote:

> I have a Windows ME computer and find that on downloaded sheets, I can
> only print the first page of a document.  The message "Foxprow has
> caused an error in FOXPROW2600.ESL.  Foxprow will now close" appears.
> The whole document appears in my Download file but will only print out
> the first sheet.  Any suggestions gratefully received to a computer
> novice!

Wed, 07 Dec 2005 02:54:08 GMT

1. foxw2600.esl file size error

2. Problem with FOXW2600.ESL in Windows 98...

3. Delivery foxw2600.esl

4. RQBE and FOXW2600.ESL

5. FOXW2600.ESL

6. Foxw2600.esl file location

7. Modifying the icon in FOXW2600.ESL

8. replace foxw2600.esl ICON -- How?

9. foxw2600.esl parameters?

10. FOXW2600.ESL - have i got the latest version?

11. Date changed on FOXW2600.ESL

12. Help Need "foxw2600.esl"