JV SW DEv
Author Message
 JV SW DEv

JV Software Initiative
===

The demand for Web developers, and Programmers has not eased.
Moreover, salaries continue to escalate.

Development costs are steep. Schedules are jeopardized by lack of staff.
Heritage systems go un-maintained - Forcing expensive re-development.

So why hire local ?

Why not tap the wealth of computer expertise abroad.

With solid, Western leadership to train, direct, staff, and project manage
your sourcing and cost worries can be over.

I have the Western IT background across many disciplines, and platforms.

I know the local market and expertise levels.

So why beat your head against the wall ?

Let's work together to solve your IT business requirements.

Highly viable areas include;

Conventional

 legacy system maintenance; C, Foxpro, Clipper, Progress, Access, COBOL

 new systems; VB, VFP, delphi

 conversion of legacy systems

 down-sizing

 platform migration

Web

 B2C web sites via WebSphere, i-Commerce, Cold Fusion

 static Web sites

Other
 CAD

 Transcription

 Abstraction

 Graphics

Facts About the Philippines

Salaries are 20% of the USA (top programmer makes USD 1,000 a month)
The peso continues to decline, so actually lowering payroll.

Strongly influenced by American culture.
Strong ties to the USA.
English is widely spoken.
 ( I have worked with people from many countries and in many countries,
   and this can not be under appreciated.
          Differences in language and culture can be large barriers.
        )

High literacy rate.
High university attendance.

When properly motivated, quality and quantity are good.
Infrastructure is satisfactory.

Accessible from Asia, Australia, Canada, and the USA.
4 hours time difference from California (shift work to echo USA schedules
can be arranged)

Crime rate is lower than most US cities.
Yes, there are {*filter*}pings, and rebels.
And the USA has car-jackings, serial rapists, mass {*filter*}ers, etc.
The fact is 99.99% of the people live peacefully.

Entertainment is very good (in case you HAVE to visit).

Yes, traffic is terrible.

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Database SW on VxWorks OS

2. 1st Annual SW Regional Foxpro Spring Conference

3. bad health/sw biz

4. !!!Senior SW Engineer/Manager!!!

5. WTB FoxPro SW Products

6. Critical problem with FoxPro/Mac or network SW-bug

7. SW Optimization opportunity in Austin

8. Bad Health/Sw Biz

9. Job in Teddington, SW London, UK

10. FoxPro/Access Dev. Available

11. FoxPro/Multimedia dev job

12. FoxBASE+/Mac 2.1 MultiUser Full Dev Wanted