Problems running reports under Novell client32
Author Message
 Problems running reports under Novell client32

Kor Prins,

as far as i know, MSConfig only existed on Win98.
Not 95, NT nor W2K. That may lead to some confusion by Paul.

Cheers
Carsten

Kor Prins schrieb:

Quote:
> To Run MSConfig
> Press Start, select Run, Type MSConfig in the Box and Press Enter

> In The Dialog Box select the StartUp Tab, and find any programms that you
> can see that say Novell etc.
> Also in the NetWork Setting in the Control Panel Make sure your Default Loin
> is not set to Novell Network

> I am a little at a loss as to whyyou think the Novell Client is the problem,
> can you explain that ?

> Kor Prins

> > Sorry, could you give me some more details on how do you disable the
> client?

Sat, 22 Feb 2003 15:33:28 GMT
 Problems running reports under Novell client32
We had many problems using the Client32 - most of them related to network
I/O, but we did see Windows exceptions when printing. All of these have gone
now that we are using the v3.21 client with the current service pack
applied.

--
William Fields
MCSD - Microsoft Visual FoxPro

"While the Complexity of this Project is
several orders of magnitude less than
modeling heat flux in a fossil-fuel fired
electric utility plant using the Hottel Zone
technique, the context of each project
evolves in a remarkably similar fashion."
- Author Unknown

Quote:
> I am running Novell client32 version 3.1.0.0 service pack 2.
> Whenever I run "do report" with the Novell client loaded I cause some sort
> of memory corruption that ultimately results in an "API caused an
> exception..." when calling the wordnum() function after the report is
> complete.
> A couple of points...
> It doesn't matter what report is run.
> The reports run successfully under 95, 98 and NT
> I am just previewing the report, not printing it.
> It crashes on all computers with the Novell client loaded
> It doesn't matter whether or not I am actually logged on to the network.
> About 5 seconds after the API crash the Novell window's login will pop-up.

> I would appreciate any help on this.

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 00:51:44 GMT
 Problems running reports under Novell client32
My apologies Surge for making such a stupid assumption. Of course it makes
sense when you think about it - and sure enough - we removed the driver "HP
color lazer jet ver F3.000" and the program works fine. Why is it that the
more money you spend on a printer the less reliable it's interface to
windows?

Sat, 22 Feb 2003 13:41:41 GMT
 Problems running reports under Novell client32
Thanks for all your help, it turned out to be a HP printer driver having a
fit and stuffing up the client32. Thanks, I appreciate your time.

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 05:54:51 GMT

1. Robert R. Hager Client32 Error Message while running a FoxPro app on Novell server

2. Printing problem with Client32 for Novell 4.11

3. Foxprod 2.6 printing on Win95 Novell Client32

4. Novell Client32 OK to use now?

5. Fox 2.5a and Novell Client32 for Win95

6. Fox Conflict with Novell Client32

7. Read Only Bug with Novell Client32

8. RUN problem(FPD2.5/Win95/Novell server)

9. Problems running VFP 6.0 (SP3) on Novell version 5

10. **** HELP.....PROBLEM w/ FOXPRO DOS & Client32 ***

11. 2Qs - Reports to MSWord and a Novell problem

12. FoxPro 2.6 (DOS) and Novell Client32 Banner Page Problem...