Date changed on FOXW2600.ESL
Author Message
 Date changed on FOXW2600.ESL

I have a client running a FPW 2.6 based system.

On one user's machine the date of the FOXW2600.ESL, the exe of the
application, the FOXFONT.FON and the FOXTOOLS.FLL all changed to the current
date and time.

This smacks of virus, but Norton AntiVirus detects nothing..  Has anyone
seen this before and if so what virus detector found and fixed the issue.

Is there any other situation that could cause this?

Thanks
Greg Low
PWB Systems, Inc

Thu, 20 May 2004 23:25:12 GMT
 Date changed on FOXW2600.ESL
Thanks for the feedback and the tool.

However, the files were put on the machine literally years ago.  So
something else resulted in the change.

Thanks
Greg

Quote:
> If you copied it over from another machine, the date will change to the
date
> you copied it. Use the attached file which will give you the real date the
> file was created.
> The file winfiles.prg will give you
> everything on the file. Attributes,creation date, last access date, the
last
> date the file was written to, file size. Great program. Claims it was
> written as an enhancement to the ADIR(). Check the help on ADIR() on how
> use it. It creates a 2 col array. Check the second column for what you
want.
> I think 1,3 comes back with original date.
> TonySper

> > I have a client running a FPW 2.6 based system.

> > On one user's machine the date of the FOXW2600.ESL, the exe of the
> > application, the FOXFONT.FON and the FOXTOOLS.FLL all changed to the
> current
> > date and time.

> > This smacks of virus, but Norton AntiVirus detects nothing..  Has anyone
> > seen this before and if so what virus detector found and fixed the
issue.

> > Is there any other situation that could cause this?

> > Thanks
> > Greg Low
> > PWB Systems, Inc

Fri, 21 May 2004 00:05:39 GMT
 Date changed on FOXW2600.ESL
Greg,
OK. There is a tool out there but I cannot remember where it is that will
match two files and report the difference. I would try and find it and see
if anything has changed on the updated file. I cannot think of anything else
that would change the date of the file except if it was written to.
TonySper

Quote:
> Thanks for the feedback and the tool.

> However, the files were put on the machine literally years ago.  So
> something else resulted in the change.

> Thanks
> Greg

> > If you copied it over from another machine, the date will change to the
> date
> > you copied it. Use the attached file which will give you the real date
the
> > file was created.
> > The file winfiles.prg will give you
> > everything on the file. Attributes,creation date, last access date, the
> last
> > date the file was written to, file size. Great program. Claims it was
> > written as an enhancement to the ADIR(). Check the help on ADIR() on how
> > use it. It creates a 2 col array. Check the second column for what you
> want.
> > I think 1,3 comes back with original date.
> > TonySper

> > > I have a client running a FPW 2.6 based system.

> > > On one user's machine the date of the FOXW2600.ESL, the exe of the
> > > application, the FOXFONT.FON and the FOXTOOLS.FLL all changed to the
> > current
> > > date and time.

> > > This smacks of virus, but Norton AntiVirus detects nothing..  Has
anyone
> > > seen this before and if so what virus detector found and fixed the
> issue.

> > > Is there any other situation that could cause this?

> > > Thanks
> > > Greg Low
> > > PWB Systems, Inc

Fri, 21 May 2004 02:44:43 GMT
 Date changed on FOXW2600.ESL
The tool is FC which should exist in any Dos utilities directory.

From a dos prompt, type;

FC <filename1.ext> <filename2.ext> /b

Remember that there was a valid patch for this file a couple of years ago.

Beverly Howard

Sat, 22 May 2004 03:15:55 GMT

1. Problem with FOXW2600.ESL in Windows 98...

2. Delivery foxw2600.esl

3. RQBE and FOXW2600.ESL

4. FOXPROW has caused an error in FOXW2600.ESL

5. FOXW2600.ESL

6. foxw2600.esl file size error

7. Foxw2600.esl file location

8. Modifying the icon in FOXW2600.ESL

9. replace foxw2600.esl ICON -- How?

10. foxw2600.esl parameters?

11. FOXW2600.ESL - have i got the latest version?

12. Help Need "foxw2600.esl"