Extract data from MS Excel spreadsheet to Foxpro 2.6 dbf format
Author Message
 Extract data from MS Excel spreadsheet to Foxpro 2.6 dbf format

Dear friends,

Can anyone advise me how to extract data stored in MS Excel spreadsheet
into Foxpro 2.6 dbf format.

Thanks.

Mon, 16 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Extract data from MS Excel spreadsheet to Foxpro 2.6 dbf format

I've always done this from the Excel end - using Excels 'Save As'
command to write a copy of the spreadsheet into .DBF format.  You may
need to add a line to the spreadsheet to define the field names for
the target database table (it's all detailed in the Excel help file).

Once it's in a .DBF file you can manipulate it in any flavour of Fox.

HTH

Regards

David Smith

Quote:
>Dear friends,

>Can anyone advise me how to extract data stored in MS Excel spreadsheet
>into Foxpro 2.6 dbf format.

>Thanks.

Mon, 16 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Extract data from MS Excel spreadsheet to Foxpro 2.6 dbf format

[ Courtesy cc:'ed to quoted authors through e-mail ]

Quote:

>>Dear friends,

>>Can anyone advise me how to extract data stored in MS Excel spreadsheet
>>into Foxpro 2.6 dbf format.

>I've always done this from the Excel end - using Excels 'Save As'
>command to write a copy of the spreadsheet into .DBF format.  You may
>need to add a line to the spreadsheet to define the field names for
>the target database table (it's all detailed in the Excel help file).
>Once it's in a .DBF file you can manipulate it in any flavour of Fox.

Also if the Excel in question is version 2.0, 3.0 or 4.0 (or the
spreadsheet is saved in such format), one can do it from FoxPro end by
IMPORTing it with TYPE XLS.

[fix reply-to address before replying - I'm sick and tired of junk e-mail]
Alexandre Pechtchanski, GCRC system manager Mt.Sinai School of Medicine, NY

Mon, 16 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Extract data from MS Excel spreadsheet to Foxpro 2.6 dbf format

Quote:
>> Can anyone advise me how to extract data stored in MS Excel

spreadsheet into Foxpro 2.6 dbf format. <<

Chee,
There's a command IMPORT FROM <filename.xls> TYPE XLS that does it.
You can also create a dbf structure and use APPEND FROM <filname.xls>
TYPE XLS.  The Append command takes a FOR clause so that you can filter
records while appending.  Using APPEND FROM .. FIELDS fieldname1,
fieldnname2, ... you can determine a smaller subset. -Anders

Tue, 17 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Retrieving data from an excel spreadsheet via ODBC

2. Extracting data to excel

3. Foxpro report to excel spreadsheet

4. linking to MS-Excel, MS Word from Visual Foxpro

5. Foxpro report to Excel Spreadsheet?

6. Extract Worksheet from Workbook of Excel using Foxpro

7. Decimal number get truncated when converting from excel to dbf format

8. Exporting DBF with Memo Fields to MS Excel

9. Export DBF to MS Word format

10. Extract from FoxPro file (dbf)

11. Data in Excel format TYPE XLS Question

12. Transfer data from table of MS Access 97 to table of MS FoxPro