Using RQBE in standalone EXEs
Author Message
 Using RQBE in standalone EXEs

I just saw a note posted on the mail list that referred to a similar
problem (I think).  The response was that modified queries are not
allowed in distributable programs--you can specify which queries to
build into a distributable package, but can't provide for modified
queries.  The writer said that MS said they'd never sell another
FoxPro if they did that...
Quote:

> I am having problems getting a RQBE screen in my standalone app.  In one
> of my snippets, I execute the command MODIFY QUERY ? to bring up a prompt
> to open an existing query, or create a new one.  It should then bring up
> the RQBE screen, and the rest is straight-forward.  Now the problem is
> this - When I run the EXE from within FoxPro (using DO xxx.exe) this
> feature works fine.  However, if I run it as a standalone (from Program
> Manager or the like), when I try to use this I get an error: "Feature Not
> Available"  Why?

> Any help would be greatly appreciated
> Darnell

Sun, 29 Jun 1997 01:56:00 GMT
 Using RQBE in standalone EXEs

Quote:

>Subject: Re: Using RQBE in standalone EXEs
>Date: 10 Jan 1995 17:56:00 GMT
>I just saw a note posted on the mail list that referred to a similar
>problem (I think).  The response was that modified queries are not
>allowed in distributable programs--you can specify which queries to
>build into a distributable package, but can't provide for modified
>queries.  The writer said that MS said they'd never sell another
>FoxPro if they did that...

 I think this argument is not right. I believe that it is no big problem
 to write something similar to original RQBE.

 Petr Vodicka

P.S. There are another restriction in standalone EXE's and I think that
     they are something quite stupid.

Mon, 30 Jun 1997 13:41:21 GMT

1. Do Visual FoxPro .EXEs run faster than "Non-EXEs"?

2. VFP, EXEs, and Icons

3. Creating my own RQBE screen...

4. VFP6: READ EVENTS with two VFP6 .EXEs running

5. Networking FPM 2.6 .EXEs

6. RQBE correct yet syntax error on compile

7. RQBE correct yet synt

8. QUERY RQBE from FoxPro .exe

9. FoxPro Mac 2.5 RQBE problem

10. Any interest in runtime RQBE?