win 98 & vfp 6
Author Message
 win 98 & vfp 6

I used vfp 6 application in a arabic enabled win 98 version
in a Lan. In the arabic enabled version shows one small
window with Ok an HElP button and nothing else . programme
start shows that windows and close it. No other message.
But all other machine, application is working fine. Is
require any other runtime file for arabic support.
thanks
saju

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:57:20 GMT
 win 98 & vfp 6
Hello, saju!
You wrote  on Wed, 12 Mar 2003 00:57:20 -0800:

 s> I used vfp 6 application in a arabic enabled win 98 version
 s> in a Lan. In the arabic enabled version shows one small
 s> window with Ok an HElP button and nothing else . programme
 s> start shows that windows and close it. No other message.
 s> But all other machine, application is working fine. Is
 s> require any other runtime file for arabic support.
 s> thanks
 s> saju

Does that machine have the VFP runtime files installed?
---
Eric den Doop

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:24:44 GMT
 win 98 & vfp 6
I alredy copied runtime files like vfp6r.dll, vfprenu.dll,
vfp6run.exe etc into windows system directoy. Problem may
be due to arbic enabled windows.
thanks
saju

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:46:48 GMT
 win 98 & vfp 6
Have you installed Visual Studio 6 SP5? There were some updates in that one
that affected Arabic users.

http://mdsn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro  http://foxcentral.net

Quote:
> I used vfp 6 application in a arabic enabled win 98 version
> in a Lan. In the arabic enabled version shows one small
> window with Ok an HElP button and nothing else . programme
> start shows that windows and close it. No other message.
> But all other machine, application is working fine. Is
> require any other runtime file for arabic support.
> thanks
> saju

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:03:51 GMT
 win 98 & vfp 6
"saju

The Visual FoxPro 6.0 Setup Wizard fails to include the required file,
Vbame.dll, a Middle East support file.

 As a workaround to this problem, you can do the following:

  1.. Copy the Vbame.dll file from the \Vfp98\Distrib.src\System folder to
the distribution files folder (that is, the distribution files directory
entered at step 1 of the setup wizard).
At step 6 of the setup wizard (that is, Change File Settings), ensure that
the Vbame.dll file was included and change the Target Dir from AppDir to
WinSysDir.

Hershel

Quote:
> I used vfp 6 application in a arabic enabled win 98 version
> in a Lan. In the arabic enabled version shows one small
> window with Ok an HElP button and nothing else . programme
> start shows that windows and close it. No other message.
> But all other machine, application is working fine. Is
> require any other runtime file for arabic support.
> thanks
> saju

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 03:48:03 GMT

1. Nulls - Difference with Win 95 & 98

2. foxpro 2.6 & win 98

3. Novell 4 & Win 98 (wrong place)

4. VFP 3 or VFP 6 with Win '98

5. VFP 3 or VFP 5 doesn't like Win 98 with 2 monitors

6. REPORTS in WIN 95 Vs WIN 98

7. Win 98 to Win 95.

8. Win 98 and Win 95

9. Win 98 to Win 95.

10. FPW 2.6 app won't install under Win 98

11. ODBC 3.5 won't read my 2.6 files VFP6.0, Win 98

12. Running my vfp app on Arabic Enabled Win '98