Foxpro 2.5 for win : 5 level read problem
Author Message
 Foxpro 2.5 for win : 5 level read problem

Netters....

Big problem.....

Can one overcome the limitation of 5 nested levels of reading. Do
we need to rewrite our app ??????

Any prompt reply will result in a lot of happy and relieved faces
:)

Michael

Life is non-linear

Fri, 30 Aug 1996 16:40:59 GMT
 Foxpro 2.5 for win : 5 level read problem

for a solution on that problem you've got to
        either a) familiarize yourself with FOUNDATION READ
        or     b) wait for FPW 3.0 (and hope it's fixed there)

I recommend the a) solution because you don't have to rewrite our app,
just modify it. Read the FOUNDATION READ section in the online help or
check out what the FPW books got on the subject (a lot).

--

Fri, 30 Aug 1996 19:31:53 GMT
 Foxpro 2.5 for win : 5 level read problem

Quote:

>> Can one overcome the limitation of 5 nested levels of reading. Do
>> we need to rewrite our app ??????

>I could swear that the docs say you can do up to 32 levels if you have
>the memory to support it.

Ah, nope.  That's the maximum stack level for procedures, functions,
FOR/NEXT stack, IF/THEN stacking, etc.

Reads are limited to 5.
--

=My thoughts, my posts, my ideas, my responsibility, my beer, my pizza.  OK???=

Mon, 02 Sep 1996 23:41:34 GMT
 Foxpro 2.5 for win : 5 level read problem

Quote:

>> Can one overcome the limitation of 5 nested levels of reading. Do
>> we need to rewrite our app ??????

> I could swear that the docs say you can do up to 32 levels if you have
> the memory to support it.

No. 5 read levels is a limit. 32 levels are allowed for nested programs and
procedures. Don't get too deep!!!

Yan

Tue, 03 Sep 1996 19:06:38 GMT

1. set century on problem with FoxPro DOS 2.5 and FoxPro Win 2.6a

2. set century on problem with FoxPro DOS 2.5 and FoxPro Win 2.6a

3. Foxpro Win 2.5 under OS/2 problems

4. Foxpro 2.5 Win application problem...

5. Printing problem under Win 95 ( Foxpro 2.5 DOS )

6. Print problem after converting DOS 2.5 -> WIN

7. EXE problem (Fox 2.5 Win)

8. Help: Insufficient Memory - FoxPro Win 2.5

9. Q: FoxPro/Win 2.5 to 2.6 upgd.

10. Q: Drawing lines in Foxpro 2.5 (Mac&Win)

11. Foxpro for Win 2.5 4 sale

12. Windows API Calls from FoxPro 2.5 Win