View Designer slow to load
Author Message
 View Designer slow to load

When I want to create or modify a remote view (visually), it seems
that before you can work with the View Designer, it must first
retrieve all records (i.e. Select * from table). Is this supposed to
happen? I want to create a views using a 2.5 million record file, but
before I can set the paramaters, it wants to load all the data
(instead of just the structire, or a singlerecord)!

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 06:28:27 GMT
 View Designer slow to load
Hi, Michael!
You wrote  on 3 Nov 2002 14:28:27 -0800:

 MN> When I want to create or modify a remote view (visually), it seems
 MN> that before you can work with the View Designer, it must first
 MN> retrieve all records (i.e. Select * from table). Is this supposed to
 MN> happen? I want to create a views using a 2.5 million record file,
 MN> but before I can set the paramaters, it wants to load all the data
 MN> (instead of just the structire, or a singlerecord)!

There are also another problems with View Designer, so I recommend you not
to use it at all. You can create Views from code pretty simple. Take a look
on CREATE SQL VIEW command. And to start - create simple (updateble) view in
View Designer, then use GenDBC program (from tools subfolder of VFP
installation root folder) to produce prg file thet will recreate this view -
study this prg and you'll be able to create your very complex views from
code (and of cource you'll be able to make them updatable).

WBR, Igor

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:31:39 GMT

1. Remote View Data Loading is Slow (all records!)

2. modify remote view is slow, slow slow!

3. Using the database designer/view designer in .exe

4. view designer says error when using mssql functions in remote views

5. Initializing Views created in the View Designer

6. VFP3.0 Form-designer form load problem

7. Form Designer is loading slowly

8. Help With Slow Loading Form

9. FPD slow loading in Windows

10. Form Loads Too Slow with Set Filter