Not enough memory to complete operation...
Author Message
 Not enough memory to complete operation...

Hi,
I'm getting "Not enough memory to complete operation" when I am performing
a left  Join between 2 Tables ( they just have 36 records each ). The
fields on which the join i s being performed are all Integers ( hence I
have indexed them as BINTOC(Row1 , 2) + BINTOC(Row2 , 2) + BINTOC ( Row3 ,
2) + BINTOC ( row4 , 2) + BINTOC ( Row5 , 2) )

I am running this on a wIN 95 , vfp 5.0 WITH 48M RAM and no other apps
running. I howver have about 70-78 work areas opened with view
cursors/tables etc...But I try to close things when I dont need them.

The same thing has worked with joins being done on 4 rows ....

Any clues....  I have tried looking up the MS support online , but nothing
very useful...
Thanks
rajesh

Wed, 17 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Not enough memory to complete operation...

Quote:

> I'm getting "Not enough memory to complete operation" when I am
> performing a left Join between 2 Tables ( they just have 36 records
> each ). The fields on which the join i s being performed are all
> Integers ( hence I have indexed them as BINTOC(Row1 , 2) + BINTOC(Row2

  > , 2) + BINTOC ( Row3 , 2) + BINTOC ( row4 , 2) + BINTOC ( Row5 , 2)
) >

Quote:
> I am running this on a wIN 95 , vfp 5.0 WITH 48M RAM and no other apps
> running. I howver have about 70-78 work areas opened with view
> cursors/tables etc...But I try to close things when I dont need them.

Rajesh,

A join of 36 and 36 rows could never be more than 1296 rows.
Bintoc(integer,2) should be perfect as long as the values are in the
range -32,768 to 32,767. I don't understand the reference to Row1, rrow2
and so in the index expression. Indexes usually reference columns, not
rows. What does the Select statement look like?

-Anders

!^NavFont02F03220006MGHHJkE6FA

--

11/29/97 21:15
---------

Wed, 17 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. error - There is not enough memory to complete operation

2. Not enough memory to complete operation

3. VFP7 will not open (There is not enough memory to complete this operation)

4. not enough memory to complete this operation

5. Not enough memory to complete this operation - vfp 3.0

6. There is not enough memory to complete this operation

7. Not enough memory to complete this task

8. VFP 3.0 - Not enough memory for this operation!?

9. Not enough memory error message - but there is plenty of memory

10. "There is not enough memory to complete this operation"

11. "There is not enough memory to complete this operation"

12. FPW2.5: "not enough memory"