VFP8 application deployed with SetupFactory
Author Message
 VFP8 application deployed with SetupFactory

We have an application that we're deploying using SetupFactory.

However, when we deploy it; we're getting "VFP8R.DLL is corrupted or invalid."

it's not.

we're installilng vfp8r.dll, vfp8t.dll, msvcrt*.dll, and the help files...

What are we missing?

Thanks
-josh

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:39:50 GMT
 VFP8 application deployed with SetupFactory
Hello, Josh!
You wrote  on Thu, 13 Mar 2003 04:39:50 -0800:

 JA> However, when we deploy it; we're getting "VFP8R.DLL is corrupted or
 JA> invalid."

 JA> it's not.

 JA> we're installilng vfp8r.dll, vfp8t.dll, msvcrt*.dll, and the help
 JA> files...

 JA> What are we missing?

You need to install the gdiplus.dll file as well.
---
Eric den Doop

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:12:37 GMT
 VFP8 application deployed with SetupFactory
I have the same problem using InstallShield Express Prof.  What is
gdiplus.dll?  Is this new to VFP 8?  I have my runtime files in the
application directory can this gdiplus file be there also?  Does it need to
be registered?

Thanks

Quote:
> Hello, Josh!
> You wrote  on Thu, 13 Mar 2003 04:39:50 -0800:

>  JA> However, when we deploy it; we're getting "VFP8R.DLL is corrupted or
>  JA> invalid."

>  JA> it's not.

>  JA> we're installilng vfp8r.dll, vfp8t.dll, msvcrt*.dll, and the help
>  JA> files...

>  JA> What are we missing?

> You need to install the gdiplus.dll file as well.
> ---
> Eric den Doop
> www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP8

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:15:34 GMT
 VFP8 application deployed with SetupFactory
Hello, Craig!
You wrote  on Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:15:34 -0600:

 CM> I have the same problem using InstallShield Express Prof.  What is
 CM> gdiplus.dll?  Is this new to VFP 8?  I have my runtime files in the
 CM> application directory can this gdiplus file be there also?  Does it
need to
 CM> be registered?

I think this gdiplus.dll file is for the new Themes feature in VFP8. You do
not have to register it. I'd install it in the same folder as where you
install the other vfp runtime files.
---
Eric den Doop

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:27:50 GMT
 VFP8 application deployed with SetupFactory
GDI+ is needed for graphics support.

--
Craig Berntson
MCSD, Visual FoxPro MVP

Quote:
> Hello, Craig!
> You wrote  on Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:15:34 -0600:

>  CM> I have the same problem using InstallShield Express Prof.  What is
>  CM> gdiplus.dll?  Is this new to VFP 8?  I have my runtime files in the
>  CM> application directory can this gdiplus file be there also?  Does it
> need to
>  CM> be registered?

> I think this gdiplus.dll file is for the new Themes feature in VFP8. You
do
> not have to register it. I'd install it in the same folder as where you
> install the other vfp runtime files.
> ---
> Eric den Doop
> www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP8

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:59:03 GMT
 VFP8 application deployed with SetupFactory
Does window xp have this available by default?  I installed on a XP machine
and have no problem with my app. but a 98 machine does I get the corrupt
vfpr.dll error

Quote:
> GDI+ is needed for graphics support.

> --
> Craig Berntson
> MCSD, Visual FoxPro MVP
> www.craigberntson.com
> Salt Lake City Fox User Group
> www.slcfox.org

> > Hello, Craig!
> > You wrote  on Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:15:34 -0600:

> >  CM> I have the same problem using InstallShield Express Prof.  What is
> >  CM> gdiplus.dll?  Is this new to VFP 8?  I have my runtime files in the
> >  CM> application directory can this gdiplus file be there also?  Does it
> > need to
> >  CM> be registered?

> > I think this gdiplus.dll file is for the new Themes feature in VFP8. You
> do
> > not have to register it. I'd install it in the same folder as where you
> > install the other vfp runtime files.
> > ---
> > Eric den Doop
> > www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP8

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 02:16:54 GMT
 VFP8 application deployed with SetupFactory
Hi Josh,
Contact Brett at Setup Factory.
After trying every product on the market, my conviction is that Setup
Factory is the best solution for deploying VFP apps. They offer native
support up to VFP7. I have already requested support for VFP8. Setup Factory
is customer driven. Contact them personally and persistently to make your
request known.

Setup Factory is a phenomenal product. (No, I have no interest). Setup
Factory for VFP is is sophisticated they include all the tools to let you
add a LiveUpdate Feature (ala Norton Antivirus) with a few click-n-point
"Actions".

I think the Fox team made a big mistake in going with InstallShield.
SetupFactory is the same quick & dirty, yet extremely powerful, solution at
the Setup Wizard ala 6.0.

Hope this helps.

--
Brett_Slattery

Quote:
> We have an application that we're deploying using SetupFactory.
> However, when we deploy it; we're getting "VFP8R.DLL is corrupted or
invalid."
> it's not.
> we're installilng vfp8r.dll, vfp8t.dll, msvcrt*.dll, and the help files...
> What are we missing?

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:25:13 GMT

1. Deploying VFP application as MSI for dotnet

2. How to deploy a VFP7 application

3. How to distribute/deploy VFP 7 application ?

4. Deploying a form

5. Security with deploying app

6. Dynamically Deploying Packages

7. Updating deployed database