Emails & CCMail & Lotus Notes
Author Message
 Emails & CCMail & Lotus Notes

Hi,

I have a Visual Foxpro 6 system which uses CCMail to automatically send
emails to various users without any user interference.

I need to change this system to use Lotus Notes instead of CCMAIL.

In certain circumstances I also need to be able to automatically display the
email and allow the user to add people to the CC list

Can anyone give me any indication of what is invloved here?
How this will differ from CCMail?
Or have you any sample code you can give me for sending mail through Lotus
Notes

I appreciate any help anyone can give me

Thanks in advance

Fiona

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Emails & CCMail & Lotus Notes

Quote:

> I have a Visual Foxpro 6 system which uses CCMail to automatically send
> emails to various users without any user interference.

> I need to change this system to use Lotus Notes instead of CCMAIL.

> In certain circumstances I also need to be able to automatically display the
> email and allow the user to add people to the CC list

> Can anyone give me any indication of what is invloved here?
> How this will differ from CCMail?
> Or have you any sample code you can give me for sending mail through Lotus
> Notes

Fiona,

how does your VFP application interface with cc:mail ?

Both cc:mail and Notes use the VIM interface, but with some differences.
Notes works also as an automation server.

I use IDSMail to interface an application with both cc:mail and Lotus Notes.

Christian Desbourse (Belgium)

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Emails & CCMail & Lotus Notes
I also use IDSMail and although the separate install is a minor-pain, it *works*
and works well.

After IBM bought Lotus, they discontinued the support for small developers of
prior years.  They also never provided any kind of mechanishm like ccimport.exe
for Notes.  There is a bunch of c-code on the Notes site you can look at, and
there are support offerings if you happen to be a 100-million $/year Notes VAR,
and there are products that give you full connectivity to all Notes features
(like databases on the servers) *if* you are ALSO a Notes expert, but if you
just need to develop an app that sends email via Notes, IDSMail is the easiest
and most reliable bet.

I went with IDSMail for an app that is installed around the world at various
sites for a company around 5 years ago and it has worked well since at all
locations.

Sun, 30 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Lotus Notes & VFP 7

2. Lotus Notes & VFP6.0

3. COM & Lotus Notes, VFP 7 DragDrop

4. VFP6 & Lotus Notes (5) to email with attached files?

5. Visual Foxpro & ccMail

6. VFP & Lotus cc:Mail

7. integrating Foxpro and Lotus Notes

8. Lotus Notes

9. DDE in Lotus Notes w/ Foxpro as server?

10. Comp Doc at Lotus Notes

11. FoxPro and Lotus Notes

12. Accesing Lotus Notes with FoxPro