Updating a deployed table
Author Message
 Updating a deployed table

I have an application that I developed and now the customer want to
change the size of one of the fields in a table in the database.
Since I don't want to loose the information that is currently in the
table does anyone have any suggestions on what the best way to update
this table is?  Dump/releoad etc.
TIA
Greg

Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Updating a deployed table
The information wouldn't be lost because the column is widened.
 OPEN DATABASE x  EXCLUSIVE
 USE TABLE y EXCLUSIVE
 ALTER TABLE y ALTER COLUMN z C(newsize)
 USE
 CLOSE DATABASE
 This operation will copy the table to a new table, so making a backup is a
good idea.
 -Anders

Quote:
>I have an application that I developed and now the customer want to
>change the size of one of the fields in a table in the database.
>Since I don't want to loose the information that is currently in the
>table does anyone have any suggestions on what the best way to update
>this table is?  Dump/releoad etc.
>TIA
>Greg

Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Updating deployed database

2. Looking to update a table from another table

3. TRYING TO UPDATE sql TABLES WITH FOX TABLES

4. how VB update Table A INNER JOIN Table B, Set A.co=B.ID

5. update values in table A from values in table B

6. How to update Master table from second table using FPD2.6a

7. how VB update Table A INNER JOIN Table B, Set A.co=B.ID

8. Need help with updating a table using another table

9. Update/insert into a table using another table?

10. Update SQL 7 table from vpf6 table

11. Deploying a form

12. Deploying VFP application as MSI for dotnet