Help...Network Application Crashing
Author Message
 Help...Network Application Crashing

I'm running a custom application which I programmed in FoxPro 2.6 for
Macintosh.    The application and associated files reside on a Power
Macintosh 7100/80 running System 7.5.1.  The application is also accessed
by a PowerBook 5300c running System 7.5.2, which is connected to the
server via Ethernet.

2 or 3 times a day, both computers "freeze" during a network transfer
while the Powerbook is running the application off of the 7100.  At this
point, one computer or the other must be rebooted.  Major hassle :(

Both computers are using Apple's Network Extension version 7.1.3 and
Network Control Panel version 3.0.2.

If anyone can offer any suggestions/advice/info I would be much obliged.

Please e-mail me:

Sun, 20 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Network application is losing record and table locks, machines simultaneously crashing

2. Help with protecting database from network crashes?

3. System Crashes when printing over network

4. VFP 6 application crash problem

5. VFP 6 application crash problem

6. VFP 5: Application often crashes while printing reports

7. VFP 6 application crash problem

8. Comctl32.ocx crashing application

9. VFP 6 application crash problem

10. Visual Fox Pro Application Crashing ...

11. VFP 6 application crash problem

12. EXE crashing where no crash occurs in project mode