Printer Code to Compress Report on HP Printers.
Author Message
 Printer Code to Compress Report on HP Printers.

Would someone please give me the proper command to send the 'compress'
printer code for an HP LaserJet II?

??? <printer code>

Secondly, I caught word I could 'embed' the printer code right into a
FoxPro report file---using a variable in the report?

You see, I've got these old DOS reports that relied on the 'compress'
mode to print out everything they had on them. These reports are just
huge.

Right now, I have to set to papersize to Legal to get everything in.
The users want Letter size paper, but I'm not 'adjusting' those many
reports! It would take months.

And so...compress printer code it is!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer Code to Compress Report on HP Printers.

Often you can get information about a product by trying the Company site.
A good guess of the companyName.COM is a starting point. After that use a
search engine.

Here's a link that will offer more information than you want: (btw, HPL is
the common language for most HP Laser Printers)

http://productfinder.support.hp.com/servlet/FindIt?t=hp&q=LaserJethtt...

good luck

Quote:

--
Shar Feldheim
PC Software,INC -

  SPAMbeGONEafoxpro1.vcf
< 1K Download

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer Code to Compress Report on HP Printers.
Greg,

It really depends on the font and many other parameters. Perhaps you would
be interested in a library of FP functions I wrote called HP_LIB, it does
all kinds of stuff with fonts, graphics, barcodes etc. It is written in
FPD2.6 specifically for making FPD reports look nice.

Send me an email

Marc

Quote:

> Would someone please give me the proper command to send the 'compress'
> printer code for an HP LaserJet II?

> ??? <printer code>

> Secondly, I caught word I could 'embed' the printer code right into a
> FoxPro report file---using a variable in the report?

> You see, I've got these old DOS reports that relied on the 'compress'
> mode to print out everything they had on them. These reports are just
> huge.

> Right now, I have to set to papersize to Legal to get everything in.
> The users want Letter size paper, but I'm not 'adjusting' those many
> reports! It would take months.

> And so...compress printer code it is!

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sun, 01 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer Code to Compress Report on HP Printers.
[ Courtesy cc'ed through e-mail to the quoted author ]

Quote:
>Would someone please give me the proper command to send the 'compress'
>printer code for an HP LaserJet II?

>??? <printer code>

>Secondly, I caught word I could 'embed' the printer code right into a
>FoxPro report file---using a variable in the report?

>You see, I've got these old DOS reports that relied on the 'compress'
>mode to print out everything they had on them. These reports are just
>huge.

>Right now, I have to set to papersize to Legal to get everything in.
>The users want Letter size paper, but I'm not 'adjusting' those many
>reports! It would take months.

>And so...compress printer code it is!

This is for HP LJ-III, but I _think_ it is the same for LJ-II:
Set pitch mode compressed (16.5-16.7 CPI) <Esc>&k2S
Second, for embedding printer codes in FoxPro report file: yes, you can put a
variable (not necessary report variable) into report; give it enough space to
print so that all characters will be printed, but keep in mind that it will take
no space on page.  Assign the above (or any print command) value to the
variable.  Be forewarned that you need to disable Windows print driver
processing of your data for this to work.

[ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY

Sat, 07 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer Code to Compress Report on HP Printers.
[ Courtesy cc'ed through e-mail to the quoted author ]

Quote:
>Would someone please give me the proper command to send the 'compress'
>printer code for an HP LaserJet II?

>??? <printer code>

>Secondly, I caught word I could 'embed' the printer code right into a
>FoxPro report file---using a variable in the report?

>You see, I've got these old DOS reports that relied on the 'compress'
>mode to print out everything they had on them. These reports are just
>huge.

>Right now, I have to set to papersize to Legal to get everything in.
>The users want Letter size paper, but I'm not 'adjusting' those many
>reports! It would take months.

>And so...compress printer code it is!

This is for HP LJ-III, but I _think_ it is the same for LJ-II:
Set pitch mode compressed (16.5-16.7 CPI) <Esc>&k2S
Second, for embedding printer codes in FoxPro report file: yes, you can put a
variable (not necessary report variable) into report; give it enough space to
print so that all characters will be printed, but keep in mind that it will take
no space on page.  Assign the above (or any print command) value to the
variable.  Be forewarned that you need to disable Windows print driver
processing of your data for this to work.

[ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY

Sat, 07 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. v2.0 Printer to HP 5/6 Laser Printers

2. VFP6 reports to HP LJ6P cause orange LED on printer

3. Code Bar Printer and Other Printers

4. Problem issuing printer code to Epson Printer (FP for DOS)

5. Printing one report to the printer A and Printer B

6. SET PRINTER TO NAME doesn't necessarily send reports to the correct printer

7. Send control codes directly to printer from report

8. Send control codes directly to printer from report

9. Printer codes embedded in reports

10. Printer Codes in Report Form

11. Including printer control codes in FPW 2.6 reports

12. Fox 2.6 Report Writer & Printer Control Codes