backup DBC
Author Message
 backup DBC

My system has to make backup copies of DBC while it's being used 24
hours a day.

So I could open database exclusively. I also found out that I couldn't
use "Copy file .. to ..." to make copy of .dbc, dbt, dbx becaues they
are shared.

Does anyone have any idea how to backup DBC while it's in share mode??

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 backup DBC

Quote:

>My system has to make backup copies of DBC while it's being used 24
>hours a day.

>So I could open database exclusively. I also found out that I couldn't
>use "Copy file .. to ..." to make copy of .dbc, dbt, dbx becaues they
>are shared.

>Does anyone have any idea how to backup DBC while it's in share mode??

Actually, you might consider including a shutdown and backup routine
within your application.  Close the files down at a specified time and
then back them up.  If these files are used by more than one
application, you can semaphore files to let the other programs know
that the files cannot be used until they have been backed up.

Hope this helps...

Christopher Reed

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFP:To DBC or not to DBC

2. Moving tables from one .dbc to another .dbc

3. Do backup of DBC in case original gets messed up?

4. Backup's from FP2.0

5. VFP3 Backup Program Disks

6. backup in w98

7. compress backup data

8. Backup

9. Developers Backup

10. backup??????????

11. Backup ?

12. Backup and Archive Concerns - Help Needed