Spell Checker for Memo fields
Author Message
 Spell Checker for Memo fields

I almost forgot this one.  This was a request from long ago!  How can I
use a spell checker in memo field.  Keep in mind that this is for a
county government which means cheap.  That is to say...free.  Is there
such a beast?

Requirements are only to offer replacements and to learn.  Doesn't have
to be on the fly. Can be initiated by the user with a mouse click.

Wed, 05 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Spell Checker for Memo fields

Quote:

> I almost forgot this one.  This was a request from long ago!  How can I
> use a spell checker in memo field.  Keep in mind that this is for a
> county government which means cheap.  That is to say...free.  Is there
> such a beast?

> Requirements are only to offer replacements and to learn.  Doesn't have
> to be on the fly. Can be initiated by the user with a mouse click.

It isn't free, but it's close ($249): Foxspell Checker by Strategic
Edge.

-- TRW
_______________________________________
My e-mail:  t r w 7

_______________________________________

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Spell Checker for Memo fields

Quote:

>> I almost forgot this one.  This was a request from long ago!  How can I
>> use a spell checker in memo field.  Keep in mind that this is for a
>> county government which means cheap.  That is to say...free.  Is there
>> such a beast?

>> Requirements are only to offer replacements and to learn.  Doesn't have
>> to be on the fly. Can be initiated by the user with a mouse click.

>It isn't free, but it's close ($249): Foxspell Checker by Strategic
>Edge.

Also, if the county government uses a word process that Jack can talk to, it
can be faked by feeding the memo text to a wp document and spell checking it
there, and then feeding the resulting text back to the memo field.

It sounds kludgier than it really is, and if they use MS Word for example,
the spell checking can be done in a familiar and effective environment "at
no extra cost".

Alan

(with a 'p' on 'alan' making it 'alanp',
and no spaces). I'm sick of email spam.

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. FPD2.6 use WordPerfect5.1 Dos Spell Checker for Memo field

2. how can i spell check memo fields??

3. Spell Checking a memo field in a screen

4. Is there a good spell checker ?

5. Spell Checker for FPW26

6. Spell Checker for FPW26

7. Spell checkers

8. Spell Checker Experiences?

9. Spell Checker for FoxPro for Dos

10. Spell Checker for FoxPro 2.5/Clipper 5.2....???

11. Spell Checker failure

12. VS Spell Checker and whnd