Keypress?
Author Message
 Keypress?

How to prevent sending nkeycode from keypress event to textbox?

Changing nkeycode (nkeycode=0) wont work!

Help!

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Keypress?

In the txtBox.KeyPress event, include:

    NODEFAULT

anywhere in the method code.  NODEFAULT blocks the default behavior of an
event - in this case, the default behavior is to place the key in the
keyboard buffer.  [Do not compare NODEFAULT to DODEFAULT() - the DEFAULT's
are different!]

 - Rush

--
Please remove [NOSPAM] from my address if replying by email.

Quote:

>How to prevent sending nkeycode from keypress event to textbox?

>Changing nkeycode (nkeycode=0) wont work!

>Help!

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Keypress?

Klemen,

for the keys you want to "throw away" issue a NODEFAULT, to prevent the A do this:

   if ( nKeyCode = 65 )
      nodefault
   endif

df    - (Microsoft FoxPro MVP) http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/

Quote:

>How to prevent sending nkeycode from keypress event to textbox?

>Changing nkeycode (nkeycode=0) wont work!

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Keypress?

Klemen

IF nKeyCode = 13
  NODEFAULT
ENDIF
stops an Enter keypress from processing.

IF nKeyCode = 13
  KEYBOARD "{TAB}"
 NODEFAULT
ENDIF
Send a Tab instead of an Enter.

-Anders

Quote:

>How to prevent sending nkeycode from keypress event to textbox?

>Changing nkeycode (nkeycode=0) wont work!

>Help!

Wed, 30 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Keypress?

Use NODEFAULT

Quote:

>How to prevent sending nkeycode from keypress event to textbox?

>Changing nkeycode (nkeycode=0) wont work!

>Help!

Thu, 31 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Keypress?

  I have created a form with a method, LoadObjects(), which loads the
object references of all controls that are placed on it.  Each control
calls the form's loadObjects() method from it's Init() ie:
THISFORM.LoadObjects(THIS)

My problem is that when I do this and I try to release the form, it
stays in memory.  If I press the X button it becomes disabled but the
form stays there.  The only way I'm able to be rid of it is to issue a
CLEAR ALL command.

If I load the form with no controls or with controls that don't call
the LoadObjects() method, the form will close.

I am using VFP 3.0 on a pentium - 166 running Win 95

Any help would be appreciated,
Jake Schneider

Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

1. Form:keypress Enter keypress processing

2. About Q138376: BUG: NODEFAULT Is Ignored in Text Box KeyPress Event Code

3. KeyPress Event in VFP

4. How to detect a keypress in a PageFrame ??

5. keypress pops up too soon!

6. Keypreview & Keypress question

7. KeyPress problem

8. How do I get KeyPress to fire for CTRL + A

9. keypress question

10. FORM KeyPress event vanishes VFP 6.0 ?

11. Keypress in Forms

12. Uppercase AND Keypress