Triggers
Author Message
 Triggers

Hello,

Case
There is a trigger in a table in the Visual Foxpro 6.0 DBC. When I run
it from the Visual Foxpro Environment. It runs fine. But when I try to
fire a trigger from A insert statement in the VB  code, It gives error.

Is there a way by which I can fire the trigger from VB(Insert,Update,
Delet) statement?

-Shreekant

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 17 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Triggers
Hi,
There is no way (at this time) to explicitly run Stored Procedures with the
VFP ODBC driver.  However, Insert, Update and Delete triggers will fire.
There are some limitations regarding what commands the ODBC driver will run.
It could be one of the commands you are running isn't supported by the
driver.

Can you post some of your trigger code?

Larry Miller

Quote:

> Hello,

> Case
> There is a trigger in a table in the Visual Foxpro 6.0 DBC. When I run
> it from the Visual Foxpro Environment. It runs fine. But when I try to
> fire a trigger from A insert statement in the VB  code, It gives error.

> Is there a way by which I can fire the trigger from VB(Insert,Update,
> Delet) statement?

> -Shreekant

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. To trigger or not to trigger TITQ

2. Trigger error!!! Look Microsoft

3. Getting old and new value using update-trigger

4. Problem with Insert Trigger

5. Unwanted delete trigger firing

6. Changing field value in insert trigger

7. Replace in Trigger?

8. Problem executing inserts on tables with triggers

9. Trigger Failed Message

10. trigger in sql7

11. Update conflict while using delete-itself trigger

12. Triggers