Windows XP and FPW 2.6
Author Message
 Windows XP and FPW 2.6

Hello

I would like to know if FoxPro Windows 2.6 can run on XP?   I already have
done the 2.6a patch for fast CPUs.  I just had one of my main tables corupt
beyond repair.  (thanks gooddness for backups).  It also seems to putting
all the temp files in the data directory not the workstation c:\temp
locations.  Can some one please help.

Mike

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 22:13:46 GMT
 Windows XP and FPW 2.6
Mike,
I've been running FPW and apps in FPW2.6a in XP since it (before) it was released. I don't believe
I've run into an specific XP problems (I ran on NT 4.0 prior to that). As long as you have security
access to the temp files location specified by your CONFIG.FPW I'm not sure why you'd have any
problems. And data corruption under XP is much less like when using NTFS. If you are running with
data on a file server, make sure the network drivers are current and configured properly (especially
if you are using Novell). As always make sure the network hardware is functioning properly and
protected by UPSs.

Rick

Quote:

> Hello

> I would like to know if FoxPro Windows 2.6 can run on XP?   I already have
> done the 2.6a patch for fast CPUs.  I just had one of my main tables corupt
> beyond repair.  (thanks gooddness for backups).  It also seems to putting
> all the temp files in the data directory not the workstation c:\temp
> locations.  Can some one please help.

> Mike

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 22:47:52 GMT
 Windows XP and FPW 2.6
Like Rick, I haven't had any problems running FPW on WinXP and like Rick
I've been running WinXP since the Whistler Beta days. I really haven't done
anything differently than I did on Win98.

> I would like to know if FoxPro Windows 2.6 can run on XP?   I already have
> done the 2.6a patch for fast CPUs.  I just had one of my main tables
> corupt
> beyond repair.  (thanks gooddness for backups).  It also seems to putting
> all the temp files in the data directory not the workstation c:\temp
> locations.  Can some one please help.

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 05:29:11 GMT

1. FPW 2.6 / WINDOWS XP

2. FPW 2.6 in Windows XP

3. FPW 2.6 and Windows 95 (new) - error starting FPW

4. FPW 2.5 Print in COM1 does not run in Windows XP

5. FPW 2.6 for Windows on OS/2 Windows Emulation Box

6. Foxpro 2.6 FOR DOS and Windows XP

7. foxpro 2.6 and Windows XP

8. FOXPRO 2.6 PRINTING IN WINDOWS XP

9. Foxpro 2.6 and Windows XP

10. Foxpro 2.6 does not run in Windows XP

11. Foxpro 2.6 and Windows XP?

12. VFP 7.0, Windows 98, Windows XP