Error 1958, Unable to load printer driver
Author Message
 Error 1958, Unable to load printer driver

Hello All:
    I have "cleaned" all my reports by deleting all code except
"ORIENTATION=1" in the Expr field, and cleared out the Tag and Tag2 fields.
My reports now work fine, print to any selected printer, any paper, etc.
EXCEPT certain reports, which are as related (and unrelated) to each other
as they are to all the other reports generate the error 1958, unable to load
printer driver.  Inspection of the report table confirms the state of Expr,
Tag and Tag2.  I've seen it consistently on a W98 machine, haven't tested it
on others.  Is there any place else VFP hides the default printer info about
reports??  Maybe somewhere in the project??  I'm truly baffled!!!
TIA,

Dan

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 03:19:10 GMT
 Error 1958, Unable to load printer driver
Do these reports have something in common, like a graphic or something like
that?  Maybe they're doing something that your printer just doesn't support?

--
Fred

Quote:

> Hello All:
>     I have "cleaned" all my reports by deleting all code except
> "ORIENTATION=1" in the Expr field, and cleared out the Tag and Tag2
fields.
> My reports now work fine, print to any selected printer, any paper, etc.
> EXCEPT certain reports, which are as related (and unrelated) to each other
> as they are to all the other reports generate the error 1958, unable to
load
> printer driver.  Inspection of the report table confirms the state of
Expr,
> Tag and Tag2.  I've seen it consistently on a W98 machine, haven't tested
it
> on others.  Is there any place else VFP hides the default printer info
about
> reports??  Maybe somewhere in the project??  I'm truly baffled!!!
> TIA,

> Dan

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 04:24:09 GMT
 Error 1958, Unable to load printer driver
Hi Dan,

I struggled with this one a short time ago.  I found that this problem
was about 50% VFP and 50% printer driver.  Without changing code or the
report itself, I was able to make the error go away by using a LaserJet
4000 (PCL5e) driver instead of HP Laserjet 4.  This was on NT SP5 using
the drivers from Microsoft.
I also had the same errors using LA10 and Generic/Text Only drivers.

Can you can substitute a different driver for the one(s) that are
causing problems?

- Keith

Quote:

> Hello All:
>     I have "cleaned" all my reports by deleting all code except
> "ORIENTATION=1" in the Expr field, and cleared out the Tag and Tag2
fields.
> My reports now work fine, print to any selected printer, any paper,
etc.
> EXCEPT certain reports, which are as related (and unrelated) to each
other
> as they are to all the other reports generate the error 1958, unable
to load
> printer driver.  Inspection of the report table confirms the state of
Expr,
> Tag and Tag2.  I've seen it consistently on a W98 machine, haven't
tested it
> on others.  Is there any place else VFP hides the default printer
info about
> reports??  Maybe somewhere in the project??  I'm truly baffled!!!
> TIA,

> Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 04:51:00 GMT

1. Error 1958 Error loading printer driver.

2. Error 1958 : "Error loading printer driver"

3. Error 1958 - Error loading printer driver

4. Errror 1958 - Error loading printer driver

5. 1958 Error loading printer driver...

6. Error 1958 Print driver not loaded.

7. Error 1958 Cannot Load Print driver

8. Brother HL10H printer - error loading printer driver

9. How to Avoid Error Loading Printer Driver Error?

10. Error Loading Printer Driver

11. Error Loading Printer Driver Problem

12. Error loading printer driver