16383 record limitation
Author Message
 16383 record limitation

Hi,

I am exporting data from a table on vfp 6.0 to an excel
file using "copy to type xls format", my table has 31152
records but when I export it to excel only 16383 records
are being transferred.

Could you kindly provide a sulution how to overcome this
limitation.

Thanks in advance.

Sandeep GUpta

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 21:49:32 GMT
 16383 record limitation

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am exporting data from a table on vfp 6.0 to an excel
> file using "copy to type xls format", my table has 31152
> records but when I export it to excel only 16383 records
> are being transferred.

Hi Sandeep.

I think the 16383 record limit is an excel limitation. The following is from
the help file of vfp 8 under the copy to xl5 command:

"Creates a Microsoft Excel version 5.0 workbook file. Each field from the
currently selected table becomes a column in the spreadsheet, and each
record becomes a row. If you do not include a file extension, an .xls
extension is assigned to the new workbook.

Note   Though you can export a maximum of 65,535 rows, which includes one
row reserved for the field header, versions of Excel earlier than 8.0 (Excel
97) display only the first 16,384 rows and cannot import files containing
more than 32,767 rows."

I think that earlier version of vfp had a limitation that was below the
65535 rows of vfp 8, but I cannot recall the exact number. Maybe someone
else does?

Regards,

Eyvind.

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:10:32 GMT
 16383 record limitation
Hello, Eyvind!
You wrote  on Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:10:32 +0100:

 E> I think that earlier version of vfp had a limitation that was below the
 E> 65535 rows of vfp 8, but I cannot recall the exact number. Maybe someone
 E> else does?

The Excel 5.0 file format has a limit 16,384 rows.
---
Eric den Doop

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:35:40 GMT
 16383 record limitation
If you Excel sheetes can take more rows, use VFP8. In VFP7 or earlier you
can use COPY TO file.xls DELIMITED WITH TAB. Excel reads tab-delimited data
correctly, no questions asked.
-Anders

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am exporting data from a table on vfp 6.0 to an excel
> file using "copy to type xls format", my table has 31152
> records but when I export it to excel only 16383 records
> are being transferred.

> Could you kindly provide a sulution how to overcome this
> limitation.

> Thanks in advance.

> Sandeep GUpta

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:52:09 GMT
 16383 record limitation
heya - i would instead recommend that you save the file as fp25 version -
excel can read that natively....
hth - mondo regards [Bill]

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am exporting data from a table on vfp 6.0 to an excel
> file using "copy to type xls format", my table has 31152
> records but when I export it to excel only 16383 records
> are being transferred.

> Could you kindly provide a sulution how to overcome this
> limitation.

> Thanks in advance.

> Sandeep GUpta

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 03:10:44 GMT
 16383 record limitation
Good Morning!
Quote:

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 23:27:20 GMT
 16383 record limitation
Good Morning!

   I ran into this as well once.  I believe that if you
check the Excel documentation, the older versions like 97
have this row limitation.  You either need break up the
table into parts or upgrade to on of the newer versions of
Excel.

Regards,

POZ

Quote:

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 23:29:53 GMT

1. Excel record Limitation

2. FoxPro ODBC Driver Limitations

3. FoxPro Limitations?

4. Limitations to FoxPro

5. screen height limitations

6. Size limitations of list field

7. Distribution Kit limitations?

8. FPSQL.FLL limitation

9. 255 field limitation - why?

10. Memory limitations on Clipper, DBase, Foxbase...?

11. Field name limitations

12. length limitation of SELECT - SQL statement