How to read MS Outlook Express 6 dbx file?
Author Message
 How to read MS Outlook Express 6 dbx file?

How to read MS Outlook Express 6 dbx file?

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 17:09:27 GMT
 How to read MS Outlook Express 6 dbx file?
Hello, Miroslav!
You wrote  on Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:09:27 +0100:

 MG> How to read MS Outlook Express 6 dbx file?

You can use the MAPI controls to access OE mail storage. If you want to
access newsgroup data, I think the only way is to move the NG posts to the
OE Inbox and use MAPI to access these NG posts in the inbox.
---
Eric den Doop

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 18:25:42 GMT
 How to read MS Outlook Express 6 dbx file?
Hello Eric,
and thanks for reply. I want to read only e-mail messages in Inbox.
Application task is that kids sends SMS messages, divert them to e-mails,
read from inbox
and displaying on screen in disco.

Quote:
> Hello, Miroslav!
> You wrote  on Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:09:27 +0100:

>  MG> How to read MS Outlook Express 6 dbx file?

> You can use the MAPI controls to access OE mail storage. If you want to
> access newsgroup data, I think the only way is to move the NG posts to the
> OE Inbox and use MAPI to access these NG posts in the inbox.
> ---
> Eric den Doop
> www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP8

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 18:46:37 GMT
You wrote  on Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:46:37 +0100:

 MG> Hello Eric,
 MG> and thanks for reply. I want to read only e-mail messages in Inbox.
 MG> Application task is that kids sends SMS messages, divert them to
e-mails,
 MG> read from inbox and displaying on screen in disco.

Hey that is a nice idea to implement in a disco. Do you know how to use
MAPI?
---
Eric den Doop

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 19:09:16 GMT
 How to read MS Outlook Express 6 dbx file?

In meantime I found on http://sourceforge.net/projects/open-dbexpress/ dbx
odbc driver.

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 19:06:18 GMT
 How to read MS Outlook Express 6 dbx file?
Actually, I dont know. Last 20 minutes I'm searching MSDN library to get
what it is. I'll appreciate if
you have some samples.

Dbx ODBC driver is not what I expected.

Miroslav

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 19:27:14 GMT
 How to read MS Outlook Express 6 dbx file?
Hi,
I can send you a source code of my test program Mail2DBF - exporting inbox
via MAPI into DBF format. If you are interested in it, let me know.
Jan Bucek

Quote:
> Actually, I dont know. Last 20 minutes I'm searching MSDN library to get
> what it is. I'll appreciate if
> you have some samples.

> Dbx ODBC driver is not what I expected.

> Miroslav

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 20:01:25 GMT
 How to read MS Outlook Express 6 dbx file?

Quote:

> In meantime I found on http://sourceforge.net/projects/open-dbexpress/ dbx
> odbc driver.

Have you installed and tested?. There's no setup.exe. How does one install
an ODBC driver?

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 20:08:56 GMT
You wrote  on Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:27:14 +0100:

 MG> Dbx ODBC driver is not what I expected.

 MG> Miroslav

I just posted a _very basic_ mapi receive sample on my server:
http://www.foxite.com/downloads/mapireceive.zip
---
Eric den Doop

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 20:06:27 GMT
 How to read MS Outlook Express 6 dbx file?
Hello Jan!

I'd like to see your program.

Thanks in advanced!

Quote:
> Hi,
> I can send you a source code of my test program Mail2DBF - exporting inbox
> via MAPI into DBF format. If you are interested in it, let me know.
> Jan Bucek

> > Actually, I dont know. Last 20 minutes I'm searching MSDN library to get
> > what it is. I'll appreciate if
> > you have some samples.

> > Dbx ODBC driver is not what I expected.

> > Miroslav

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 20:18:56 GMT
 How to read MS Outlook Express 6 dbx file?
 I posted a message and after that I realize this is not I've expected.

Quote:

> > In meantime I found on http://sourceforge.net/projects/open-dbexpress/
dbx
> > odbc driver.

> Have you installed and tested?. There's no setup.exe. How does one install
> an ODBC driver?

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 20:25:36 GMT

1. MS outlook vs Outlook express which one in createObject()

2. - How can I access Outlook's database (.dbx) files

3. MAPI Signon uses MS Exchange ! Outlook Express

4. How to export Outlook Express Newsgroup-Files (DBX) to VFP-DBF?

5. Outlook .dbx to FoxPro .dbf

6. Outlook Express Address Book

7. Outlook Express ListBox

8. Outlook Express Mac

9. error message in Outlook Express

10. outlook express contact mailshot problem

11. Urgent! Outlook Express Programming

12. Simple Question - Outlook Express