referencing forms and their objects from other forms
Author Message
 referencing forms and their objects from other forms

Can someone tell me how to reference objects in a form which has been
created with the doForm() method from another form. I have the main form in
my app and I have another form pop up whe user presses a button (using
doForm() method) , but I would like to be able to reference properties and
objects in the main form from the spawned form.

Thanks,
Beau

Sun, 01 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 referencing forms and their objects from other forms
in form1:

DO FORM2 with thisform

In form2's init method:

lParameters m.oForm
thisform.oForm = m.oForm

Then throughout form2 you can do stuff like this to access form1:

thisform.oForm.caption = "FORM1 CAP"

Quote:
>Subject: referencing forms and their objects from other forms

>Date: 6/14/00 12:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time

>Can someone tell me how to reference objects in a form which has been
>created with the doForm() method from another form. I have the main form in
>my app and I have another form pop up whe user presses a button (using
>doForm() method) , but I would like to be able to reference properties and
>objects in the main form from the spawned form.

>Thanks,
>Beau

Mike

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. erroro referencing form object from report

2. VFP - Referencing objects in another form??

3. Referencing an object on another form

4. VFP - Referencing objects in another form??

5. Referencing a form as an Object...

6. Object Reference of the form.

7. Referencing the controls on a form from another form

8. referencing forms from other forms

9. Can't reference on forms properties from another form

10. calling forms from objects in forms

11. Calling form object when using another form.

12. Object arrays and Closing Forms (Proportionally resizing forms)