Regular index (.CDX) curruption
Author Message
 Regular index (.CDX) curruption

I have an underliying application that was written in
FPD2.6 and am re-writing all of the modules in VFP6.0.

So I have users using both the VFP6.0 code and the FDP2.6
code, about 100 users across a Novell 6 network running on
Cat5e.  I have had many problems with the Collation
settings on the index files while trying to run both
versions.  I am experiencing regular curruption of the
index files (applicaiton uses tables and .CDX) and am
having to rein on a too frequent basis.

Does any have any ideas/suggestions on how I can prevent
some of these probelms occuring?

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 01:00:08 GMT
 Regular index (.CDX) curruption
I had a similar problem and could not find a solution.
in the end i reverted to idx files. Messy with having to
open them, but cured the problem.

Quote:

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 01:17:17 GMT
 Regular index (.CDX) curruption
If you are routinely experiencing index corruption, something is wrong in
your environment. Fix the environment to fix the problem.

Since you're on a Novell network, what client are you using? I don't think
there's ever been a version of the Novell client that HASN'T had problems
with VFP and its predecessors. You might try switching to the Microsoft
client for Novell instead.

Dan

Quote:
> I have an underliying application that was written in
> FPD2.6 and am re-writing all of the modules in VFP6.0.

> So I have users using both the VFP6.0 code and the FDP2.6
> code, about 100 users across a Novell 6 network running on
> Cat5e.  I have had many problems with the Collation
> settings on the index files while trying to run both
> versions.  I am experiencing regular curruption of the
> index files (applicaiton uses tables and .CDX) and am
> having to rein on a too frequent basis.

> Does any have any ideas/suggestions on how I can prevent
> some of these probelms occuring?

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 01:23:43 GMT
 Regular index (.CDX) curruption
Darren,
Craig has a good article on his site - http://www.craigberntson.com/articles.htm - open "Avoiding
Table and Index Corruption".

Rick

Quote:
> I have an underliying application that was written in
> FPD2.6 and am re-writing all of the modules in VFP6.0.

> So I have users using both the VFP6.0 code and the FDP2.6
> code, about 100 users across a Novell 6 network running on
> Cat5e.  I have had many problems with the Collation
> settings on the index files while trying to run both
> versions.  I am experiencing regular curruption of the
> index files (applicaiton uses tables and .CDX) and am
> having to rein on a too frequent basis.

> Does any have any ideas/suggestions on how I can prevent
> some of these probelms occuring?

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 01:47:36 GMT

1. Removing index files from .CDX index files

2. SQL command to create a regular index

3. Unique or Regular Index?

4. Structural index (.cdx) question

5. Corrupted cdx File / Index File

6. indexes in a cdx?

7. xbase .CDX index file technical documentation

8. format of CDX index files?

9. .CDX not indexing (sorting)

10. FoxPro 2.6 and ODBC: problem with updating indexes (CDX)

11. indexes cdx from visual basic

12. ODBC Updates Ignore CDX Index??