Protecting source code & Encrypting tables.
Author Message
 Protecting source code & Encrypting tables.

Checking the encrypted box does help prevent "reverse engineering" except if
someone has a copy of Refox. You need to be a registered (paid up) Refox
user in order to apply their encryption so that someone can't un-Refox you.
Clever, no? If this is an app that a number of people will be using or could
profit from, copyrighting it would be much better.

Quote:
> I want to be able to protect my source code and avoid having somebody
> decompile it.  I know Refox can supposedly decompile VFP EXEs as well
> as protect against decompiling, but I don't like the idea of paying a
> company to protect my source code from that company's decompilation
> product.

> Does checking the 'encrypted' box when comiling a VFP6 Executable
> actually keep it from being decompiled?

Thu, 13 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Protecting source code & Encrypting tables.
I want to be able to protect my source code and avoid having somebody
decompile it.  I know Refox can supposedly decompile VFP EXEs as well
as protect against decompiling, but I don't like the idea of paying a
company to protect my source code from that company's decompilation
product.

Does checking the 'encrypted' box when comiling a VFP6 Executable
actually keep it from being decompiled?

I'm also looking into file encryption for some of my tables.  Previous
posters seem to like Xitech Cryptor - is that the best solution?

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:20:56 GMT
 Protecting source code & Encrypting tables.

Quote:
> Checking the encrypted box does help prevent "reverse engineering" except
if
> someone has a copy of Refox. You need to be a registered (paid up) Refox
> user in order to apply their encryption so that someone can't un-Refox
you.
> Clever, no? If this is an app that a number of people will be using or
could
> profit from, copyrighting it would be much better.

I don't know if you all know the internet, but you can refox your code
without registering refox, and the encrypt function of refox is also not a
good thing.
For both of them there are cracks on the net, so it won't help you much.
But when they decompile it they see the code without the comments, so the
have to spend time on thinking what you meant by the code you are using.

Greetings,

Ko Wisse
VFP-er
FlexiSoft

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Protecting source code & Encrypting tables.
No,

when Refox decompiles the app, it can get the comments too.

Quote:

>I don't know if you all know the internet, but you can refox your code
>without registering refox, and the encrypt function of refox is also not a
>good thing.
>For both of them there are cracks on the net, so it won't help you much.
>But when they decompile it they see the code without the comments, so the
>have to spend time on thinking what you meant by the code you are using.

>Greetings,

Mike

Sun, 16 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Protecting source code & Encrypting tables.

Look at the answer in your newest posting

KW

Sun, 16 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Protecting Source Code & encrypting tables

2. ENCRYPTING FOXPRO SOURCE CODE

3. Encrypt source code.

4. Protect source code against decompilers

5. Protect source code against decompilers

6. Protect source code agains decompilers

7. Protect Source Code

8. Protect source code

9. Protect source code against decompilers

10. Protect source code against decompilers.

11. Regarding VFP source code protection (Keywords: REFOX, decompile, VFP source code, Foxafe)

12. Accounting & Payroll Software - Source Code Included