How to start the execution of a VFP.exe program on workstation1(or server) from ANY OTHER workstation i.e. workstation2??
Author Message
 How to start the execution of a VFP.exe program on workstation1(or server) from ANY OTHER workstation i.e. workstation2??

Hi to all!
How to start the execution of a VFP.exe program on workstation1(or server)
from ANY OTHER workstation i.e. workstation2??
This VFP.exe program has no user input and the only has to do, is to check
the LPT ports of workstation1(or server), updates a dbf file and then quit!
I have the code to do my checks on lpt ports.
My problem is how to make it run on workstation1(or server)  from ANY OTHER
workstation.
The LAN was build with Win98 or NT or 2000.

Thank you very much for your replay,

Have a nice day (or night)
Nick Porfiris,
Ermis-Pliroforiki
Athens-Greece

Fri, 21 Feb 2003 02:16:43 GMT
 How to start the execution of a VFP.exe program on workstation1(or server) from ANY OTHER workstation i.e. workstation2??
Nick,

  I've actually accomplished exactly the opposite task by using a simple
text file in the folder of my EXE.

  When I want to shut down my application, I put a file in the default
folder which is detected in the top of my loop and immediately issues a QUIT
command.  You could probably use a similar method...have a loop that does
nothing until a file exists, then it would enter a procedure that checks
your LPT ports then either renames or deletes the file.

Mine:
DO WHILE .T.
    IF FILE("SHUTDOWN.TXT")
        QUIT
    ENDIF
    * processing goes here
ENDDO

Yours:
DO WHILE .T.
    IF !FILE("START.TXT")
        LOOP
    ENDIF
    * processing goes here
    DELETE FILE START.TXT
ENDDO

Good luck,
Forrest

Quote:
> Hi to all!
> How to start the execution of a VFP.exe program on workstation1(or server)
> from ANY OTHER workstation i.e. workstation2??
> This VFP.exe program has no user input and the only has to do, is to check
> the LPT ports of workstation1(or server), updates a dbf file and then
quit!
> I have the code to do my checks on lpt ports.
> My problem is how to make it run on workstation1(or server)  from ANY
OTHER
> workstation.
> The LAN was build with Win98 or NT or 2000.

> Thank you very much for your replay,

> Have a nice day (or night)
> Nick Porfiris,
> Ermis-Pliroforiki
> Athens-Greece

Fri, 21 Feb 2003 05:28:24 GMT
 How to start the execution of a VFP.exe program on workstation1(or server) from ANY OTHER workstation i.e. workstation2??

Thanks a lot Forrest!

Have a nice day (or night)
Nick Porfiris,
Ermis-Pliroforiki
Athens-Greece

Quote:
> Nick,

>   I've actually accomplished exactly the opposite task by using a simple
> text file in the folder of my EXE.

>   When I want to shut down my application, I put a file in the default
> folder which is detected in the top of my loop and immediately issues a
QUIT
> command.  You could probably use a similar method...have a loop that does
> nothing until a file exists, then it would enter a procedure that checks
> your LPT ports then either renames or deletes the file.

> Mine:
> DO WHILE .T.
>     IF FILE("SHUTDOWN.TXT")
>         QUIT
>     ENDIF
>     * processing goes here
> ENDDO

> Yours:
> DO WHILE .T.
>     IF !FILE("START.TXT")
>         LOOP
>     ENDIF
>     * processing goes here
>     DELETE FILE START.TXT
> ENDDO

> Good luck,
> Forrest

> > Hi to all!
> > How to start the execution of a VFP.exe program on workstation1(or
server)
> > from ANY OTHER workstation i.e. workstation2??
> > This VFP.exe program has no user input and the only has to do, is to
check
> > the LPT ports of workstation1(or server), updates a dbf file and then
> quit!
> > I have the code to do my checks on lpt ports.
> > My problem is how to make it run on workstation1(or server)  from ANY
> OTHER
> > workstation.
> > The LAN was build with Win98 or NT or 2000.

> > Thank you very much for your replay,

> > Have a nice day (or night)
> > Nick Porfiris,
> > Ermis-Pliroforiki
> > Athens-Greece

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 01:56:57 GMT

1. Setup.exe: unable to start DDE communication with Program Manager

2. VFP 5.0 Starting Exe Application without VFP Opening Screen - HELP

3. Start VFP Program as an Icon

4. VFP 6: Start app from server

5. ON KEY LABEL in program execution?

6. need to speed up program execution

7. OLE error code 0x80080005. Server execution failed

8. error starting vfp created EXE

9. OLE error code 0x80080005: Server execution failed

10. stopping further execution of program

11. Pausing Program Execution

12. Memorizing form configuration during program execution