BMP printing ok in VFP 3.0 but in VFP7.0 ....
Author Message
 BMP printing ok in VFP 3.0 but in VFP7.0 ....

Hi everybody

Using VFP 3.0 I created reports to print different BMP
pictures  in the same place of the report , with the
feature "Picture from file c:\..\photo.bmp" and then I
renamed the photo.bmp with different names (consequently
different files but always BMP) according to user's
selections before I load the report, it worked fine
(prints a report with different picture).

Now I am using VFP 7.0 and it works fine when I am using
in interpret mode. But when I create the EXE file the
report doesn't change to the selected BMP.

May be there is something extra I need to do in VFP 7.0.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Juan

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 04:21:51 GMT
 BMP printing ok in VFP 3.0 but in VFP7.0 ....
Hi Juan:

Try issuing a CLEAR RESOURCE command before and after calling the report to
clear the bitmap resource from memory.  See:

155388 PRB: CLEAR RESOURCE Does Not Appear to Work
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=155388

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

Quote:
>Hi everybody
>Using VFP 3.0 I created reports to print different BMP
>pictures  in the same place of the report , with the
>feature "Picture from file c:\..\photo.bmp" and then I
>renamed the photo.bmp with different names (consequently
>different files but always BMP) according to user's
>selections before I load the report, it worked fine
>(prints a report with different picture).
>Now I am using VFP 7.0 and it works fine when I am using
>in interpret mode. But when I create the EXE file the
>report doesn't change to the selected BMP.
>May be there is something extra I need to do in VFP 7.0.
>Thank you in advance for any help.
>Juan

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 04:55:03 GMT

1. OK to use BMP for Form Background?

2. vfp6.0 Print preview is ok, but printer only prints 1 record

3. Printing Text Mode in VFP 3.0 does not work the same for Print Server and Workstation

4. Printing Text Mode in VFP 3.0 does not work the same for Print Server and Workstation

5. Printing GIF or BMP in VFP 6 Report

6. How to print .jpg file in a report (.bmp is ok) ?

7. Printing reports to PDF in VFP 3.0

8. printing reps from a form in VFP 3.0

9. Printing page ranges in VFP 3.0

10. VFP 3.0 printing multiple copies

11. VFP 3.0 - how to print pages from n to m

12. How to get the normal Print dialog box up in VFP 3.0