Rich Text Format Print Problem
Author Message
 Rich Text Format Print Problem

Hello,

I'm using the VFP 6 CommonDialog with the Text Control ActiveX to print rich
text.  However, I have noticed on some printers for some reason they will have
to click my printer icon 4 to 10 times for it to print.  I'm not sure if it is
just not getting an hdc or what the problem is.  Also, some printers seem to
not work at all.  Has anyone else experienced this problem.  I think it is a
problem with the CommonDialog and not the TX control.  If so, maybe I need a
different printer control.  This is really becoming a pain.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mike

Wed, 19 Jan 2005 01:27:08 GMT
 Rich Text Format Print Problem
I just realized that I could save it in Word instead.  But, I would still need
an ActiveX control to print a word document.  I can't use ole with Word because
it takes too long to load and it may not be loaded on their machine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Quote:
>Subject: Rich Text Format Print Problem

>Date: 8/2/2002 10:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time

>Hello,

>I'm using the VFP 6 CommonDialog with the Text Control ActiveX to print rich
>text.  However, I have noticed on some printers for some reason they will
>have
>to click my printer icon 4 to 10 times for it to print.  I'm not sure if it
>is
>just not getting an hdc or what the problem is.  Also, some printers seem to
>not work at all.  Has anyone else experienced this problem.  I think it is a
>problem with the CommonDialog and not the TX control.  If so, maybe I need a
>different printer control.  This is really becoming a pain.  Any ideas?

>Thanks.

>Mike

Mike

Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:17:36 GMT
 Rich Text Format Print Problem
I have now found out that the common dialog is the problem.  Most of the time
it will contain an hdc value of zero when it doesn't print.  Then they have to
try again and again to print the rich text document until it finally returns a
nonzero value.

This only seems to happen on some printers like the HP 4000 series, many Sharp
printers, Lexmark and many others. For some printers, it works every time.  For
others, they have to try again and again to print until the commondialog
contains a nonzero value for the hdc.  Still others just never print at all.
Is there another common dialog I can get or anything I can do?  I have VFP
6/sp3.

Thanks.

Mike

Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:04:21 GMT

1. Rich Text Format Printing Problem

2. Printing Rich Text Format in VFP

3. Rich Text Format Printing

4. Printing rich text format

5. How can I print a Rich Text Format?

6. Rich Text Nightmare (merging two rich text files)

7. Rich Text Format / WP style in Fox?

8. Rich Text Format etc.

9. Rich Text format

10. Rich text format

11. Need Help With (RTF) rich text format

12. Rich Text Format - Next Page and Codes