Modifying the icon in FOXW2600.ESL
Author Message
 Modifying the icon in FOXW2600.ESL

I understand that the FOXW2600.ESL file is actually a renamed EXE file
that contains the icon that you see in your APP's windows and when
minimized.  If that is true how do I modify that icon?  I have found
many utilities that allow you to extract icons from EXE files and I have
been able to do that for this file after I renamed it to FOXW2600.EXE.
The problem is that I haven't been able to find a tool to replace the
icon found in an EXE file.  They all seem to just allow you to save it
as an ICO or ICL file.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an icon editor that will handle
this job?

Larry Huisingh

Delete NOSPAM when replying

Sun, 20 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Modifying the icon in FOXW2600.ESL
I use the program AX-Icons by Axialis to do all
of my icon editing and management.  I was able
to open the FOXW2600.ESL file (after naming it
to FOXW2600.EXE then turning off the read-only
attribute on it) in AX-Icons, edit the icon,
and save it back to the EXE.

I would imagine other icon editors could do
this too.  The key may be in turning off the
read only attribute.

I got AX-Icons from www.shareware.com.

-- TRW

Quote:

> I understand that the FOXW2600.ESL file is actually a renamed EXE file
> that contains the icon that you see in your APP's windows and when
> minimized.  If that is true how do I modify that icon?  I have found
> many utilities that allow you to extract icons from EXE files and I have
> been able to do that for this file after I renamed it to FOXW2600.EXE.
> The problem is that I haven't been able to find a tool to replace the
> icon found in an EXE file.  They all seem to just allow you to save it
> as an ICO or ICL file.

> Does anyone have a recommendation for an icon editor that will handle
> this job?

> Larry Huisingh

> Delete NOSPAM when replying

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Modifying the icon in FOXW2600.ESL
Maybe, you don't need this but

In your APP, you can use the
MODIFY WINDOW SCREEN ICON FILE "myico.ico"
command

Fred

Quote:

> I understand that the FOXW2600.ESL file is actually a renamed EXE file
> that contains the icon that you see in your APP's windows and when
> minimized.  If that is true how do I modify that icon?  I have found
> many utilities that allow you to extract icons from EXE files and I have
> been able to do that for this file after I renamed it to FOXW2600.EXE.
> The problem is that I haven't been able to find a tool to replace the
> icon found in an EXE file.  They all seem to just allow you to save it
> as an ICO or ICL file.

> Does anyone have a recommendation for an icon editor that will handle
> this job?

> Larry Huisingh

> Delete NOSPAM when replying

Wed, 23 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. replace foxw2600.esl ICON -- How?

2. Problem with FOXW2600.ESL in Windows 98...

3. Delivery foxw2600.esl

4. RQBE and FOXW2600.ESL

5. FOXPROW has caused an error in FOXW2600.ESL

6. FOXW2600.ESL

7. foxw2600.esl file size error

8. Foxw2600.esl file location

9. foxw2600.esl parameters?

10. FOXW2600.ESL - have i got the latest version?

11. Date changed on FOXW2600.ESL

12. Help Need "foxw2600.esl"