HP Laserjet 6p Problems...
Author Message
 HP Laserjet 6p Problems...

I have a client who is using a HP Laserjet 6p. Reports will preview but not
print. Any thoughts?

I am using VFP 6.0

Jonathan Morningstar

Sat, 02 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HP Laserjet 6p Problems...
Jonathan,

More info please - any error messages?  Latest printer driver installed?
Win95? NT? 98?

Regards,

Andy (???)

Quote:

>I have a client who is using a HP Laserjet 6p. Reports will preview but not
>print. Any thoughts?

>I am using VFP 6.0

>Jonathan Morningstar

Sat, 02 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HP Laserjet 6p Problems...
Jonathan,
Previews only require that the given printer driver is installed, you don't
actually have to be connected to a physical device. Are you sure there is a
good connection to this printer? Can they print to it through other
applications? Are you using SP3 which is supposed to have corrected some HP
LJ problems?

Rick

Quote:
> I have a client who is using a HP Laserjet 6p. Reports will preview but
not
> print. Any thoughts?

> I am using VFP 6.0

> Jonathan Morningstar

Sat, 02 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HP Laserjet 6p Problems...
Jonathan,
The problem may be that your report is printing, but to another tray.  For some
reason, VFP sends the report to the first tray(top) of HP Laserjet instead of
the second tray(bottom).

Ed

Wed, 06 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HP Laserjet 6p Problems...
Jonathan,

Have your client go to the H/P website and download the latest Series
6 driver for their printer. There has been a lot of love loss between
Microsoft and Hewlett/Packard in recent months. One pointing the
finger at the other in terms of who is right and who is wrong with
respect to drivers. I went to the H/P site, downloaded the latest HP6
driver for the H/P 4000 and despite H/P's claim that Microsoft is at
fault, the new driver worked flawless.

Jack Wilson
President/Chief Executive Officer
Northwest Software Technologies, Inc.

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999 10:08:10 -0400, "Morningstar"

Quote:

>I have a client who is using a HP Laserjet 6p. Reports will preview but not
>print. Any thoughts?

>I am using VFP 6.0

>Jonathan Morningstar

Thu, 07 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems with an HP LaserJet 6p Driver

2. VFP 5.0 and HP LaserJet 6P in Windows95 - printing problem

3. HP 6p / 1100 Problem

4. Printing Problem with HP Laser Jet 6p

5. Problem with HP 6P printer

6. HP LaserJet 4 problems and PCL

7. Problem with HP LaserJet 2200

8. HP Laserjet Problem MS Article Q182137

9. Help: Problems in preview/print VFP reports using HP Laserjet 4/4M driver

10. HP Laserjet 5 problem.

11. Need codes for superscript and subscript for HP Laserjet

12. Printer driver for HP Laserjet 4 Plus