DO FORM and RELEASE FORM troubles.
Author Message
 DO FORM and RELEASE FORM troubles.

Quick question. I have two different forms that both use the same database.
I have a button on each......
Form 1's button click code:

DO FORM form2
thisform.release

Form 2's code:

DO FORM form1
thisform.release.

It works for the first two or three times back and forth.... but then it
tells me "alias not found" for my dbf file. Anyone know why?
Thanks!
-Duffy W.

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 08:24:52 GMT
 DO FORM and RELEASE FORM troubles.
are there other objects on the forms (or methods within) which do things
with the table?

    Form 2's code:
    DO FORM form1
    thisform.release.

is the dot behind thisform.release in your code? if so, that should trigger
an error as well. if it doesnt, is there an error routine in effect?

-NvdK

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 05:49:16 GMT
 DO FORM and RELEASE FORM troubles.

Quote:
> are there other objects on the forms (or methods within) which do things
> with the table?

Yes, there's a filtering system in place when you type parameters into a
textbox.

-Duffy W.

P.S.:

Yeah. Ignore that period. Just in the e-mail, not in the actual code. Sorry.

Quote:

>     Form 2's code:
>     DO FORM form1
>     thisform.release.

> is the dot behind thisform.release in your code? if so, that should
trigger
> an error as well. if it doesnt, is there an error routine in effect?

> -NvdK

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 12:29:45 GMT
 DO FORM and RELEASE FORM troubles.
the filtering sounds like the culprit.
try if clearing the filter by issuing "set filter to" before calling
thisform.release works.

if not, describe the objects on the form and paste some of the code.

-NvdK

Quote:

> > are there other objects on the forms (or methods within) which do things
> > with the table?
> Yes, there's a filtering system in place when you type parameters into a
> textbox.

> -Duffy W.

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 03:04:37 GMT
 DO FORM and RELEASE FORM troubles.
I figured it out....
Both forms use the same table. I was opening the other form and THEN
releasing the first.... whereupon it closes the table.

Quote:
> the filtering sounds like the culprit.
> try if clearing the filter by issuing "set filter to" before calling
> thisform.release works.

> if not, describe the objects on the form and paste some of the code.

> -NvdK

> > > are there other objects on the forms (or methods within) which do
things
> > > with the table?
> > Yes, there's a filtering system in place when you type parameters into a
> > textbox.

> > -Duffy W.

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 05:34:21 GMT

1. Trouble releasing a modal form

2. Release form problem (after filling form property)

3. release form - from menubar of top level form ?

4. How to release a form from another form

5. vfp7 form.release or release window?

6. form.Release not releasing

7. Printing a Form -- can it be done?

8. Trouble with diverting the REPORT FORM PREVIEW window

9. Having trouble switching DBC's in a form

10. I'm having trouble using the same table in two forms

11. Trouble with form Wizard Ver 5.0

12. VFP:Trouble with 2 forms