How to Connect VFP 6 to ORACLE-ODBC without ORALE-LogIn-Window
Author Message
 How to Connect VFP 6 to ORACLE-ODBC without ORALE-LogIn-Window

Helpful friends !

When I connect to a DSN, pointing to an ORACLE-Database via SQLCONNECT(...)
or SQLSTRINGCONNECT(...) always the ORACLE-LogIn-Window appears. As I give
the DSN, UID and PWD parameters with the commands the LogIn-Window is filled
with the correct informations, so I "just" need to click "ok" to login
finally. The problem is, how to AVOID this unnecessary window.

What I tried until today :
1.) Using a VFP "Named Connection" provides to never show the LogIn Window
by setting a parameter in a VFP-Window. This works with
SQLCONNECT(cConnection1) , but for different reasons the software cannot use
a VFP-database, and such one is, to my knowledge, necessary to create a
named connection.
2.) I tried to stuff the Keyboard-Buffer with {ENTER} - this also works, but
is terribly slow.
3.) I tried ODBC-API-functions - these also workfor the login, but the
handle I get from them is not the same that VFP needs for the
SQLEXEC-Command.

So, does any one have an idea, how I can connect to ORACLE, without getting
the boring Login-Window, i.e. a special parameter in a connection string
that could be sent with SQLSTRINGCONNECT() or how to use API-functions and
get a correct handle then for SQLEXEC()?

Thanks in advance,

Wolfgang

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 06:24:54 GMT
 How to Connect VFP 6 to ORACLE-ODBC without ORALE-LogIn-Window
Hello,

SQLSETPROP(0,'DispLogin',3) && disable login window ..

Regards

Christian

Quote:
> Helpful friends !

> When I connect to a DSN, pointing to an ORACLE-Database via
SQLCONNECT(...)
> or SQLSTRINGCONNECT(...) always the ORACLE-LogIn-Window appears. As I give
> the DSN, UID and PWD parameters with the commands the LogIn-Window is
filled
> with the correct informations, so I "just" need to click "ok" to login
> finally. The problem is, how to AVOID this unnecessary window.

> What I tried until today :
> 1.) Using a VFP "Named Connection" provides to never show the LogIn Window
> by setting a parameter in a VFP-Window. This works with
> SQLCONNECT(cConnection1) , but for different reasons the software cannot
use
> a VFP-database, and such one is, to my knowledge, necessary to create a
> named connection.
> 2.) I tried to stuff the Keyboard-Buffer with {ENTER} - this also works,
but
> is terribly slow.
> 3.) I tried ODBC-API-functions - these also workfor the login, but the
> handle I get from them is not the same that VFP needs for the
> SQLEXEC-Command.

> So, does any one have an idea, how I can connect to ORACLE, without
getting
> the boring Login-Window, i.e. a special parameter in a connection string
> that could be sent with SQLSTRINGCONNECT() or how to use API-functions and
> get a correct handle then for SQLEXEC()?

> Thanks in advance,

> Wolfgang

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:47:56 GMT
 How to Connect VFP 6 to ORACLE-ODBC without ORALE-LogIn-Window
Hi Christian,

thanks a lot for Your hint - it works! (What I did not know is, that
SQLSETPROP could be used without a named connection).

Best regards,
Wolfgang

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:23:30 GMT

1. ODBC connectivity kit to connect FoxPro for Windows to ORACLE

2. How to connect to SQL2000 without ODBC

3. ODBC without DSN...first time connect error

4. FoxPro connecting to Oracle via ODBC

5. C00005 using SqlStringConnect connecting to ORACLE back end using Oracle Driver

6. Connecting VFP to ORACLE with OO4O

7. Requirements to connect VFP 5 to Oracle

8. did any one connect vfp-tcpip-oracle, please

9. GPF with Foxpro 2.6 for Windows, ODBC and Oracle

10. MS ODBC Oracle Driver and Oracle 8

11. Connect ODBC error between SQL2000 and VFP 7.0

12. About MySQL ODBC connect vfp