folder sharing problem share
Author Message
 folder sharing problem share

My MRP sofware is accessed by 20 Users.
While working on it generate 'error reading file'.
it means network connection has been lost.
1 - I go to 'My Computer' and double click the Mapped
dirve such as X: it says "device is already in use. cannot
restore connection \\test\mrp".
2 - I type '\\test\mrp' in run box it says "there are
already as many connection as computer can accept."
3 - There is no Limit set on server shared folder 'MRP'
allow maximun users.

where is the problem?
please help me
thanks in advance

Zahid

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 01:40:30 GMT
 folder sharing problem share

Is the folder you're trying to share on an actual server?

You'll bump into the limitation on user connections if you're trying to
share from the workstation versions of Windows 2000 or Windows XP. It's a
hard-coded limit to prevent you from using workstation software for a
server.

You'll bump into it even in the server versions if it was installed from
MSDN cd's, which have a limit of 10 users I think, because those versions
are meant for use in development.

Dan

Quote:
> My MRP sofware is accessed by 20 Users.
> While working on it generate 'error reading file'.
> it means network connection has been lost.
> 1 - I go to 'My Computer' and double click the Mapped
> dirve such as X: it says "device is already in use. cannot
> restore connection \\test\mrp".
> 2 - I type '\\test\mrp' in run box it says "there are
> already as many connection as computer can accept."
> 3 - There is no Limit set on server shared folder 'MRP'
> allow maximun users.

> where is the problem?
> please help me
> thanks in advance

> Zahid

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 02:24:38 GMT
 folder sharing problem share
It's Actual Server.
With Windows NT 4 service pack 6 installed.
Quote:

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:47:41 GMT
 folder sharing problem share

In my dim memory of NT4, I seem to recall that one of the installation
options was per-seat licensing. If the server was installed that way, you'd
see what you're seeing.

Dan

It's Actual Server.
With Windows NT 4 service pack 6 installed.

Quote:

Wed, 29 Jun 2005 02:35:45 GMT

1. Enable folder sharing

2. Share And Sharing Violati

3. SHARE and Sharing Violation

4. How to sharing a Folder or Drive by Program in Windows 95/98

5. Problems with Windows 2000 and shared VFP Tables

6. shared database access problems

7. SHARE.exe problems with FPW

8. VFP automation and problems with memory being shared.

9. Win98 sharing problems with VFP5.0a

10. sharing database problem!

11. Index problem sharing files between vfp and fpw

12. shared library manager problem on Mac + Fox Pro 2.6