LCK divide by zero problem HELP!!!
Author Message
 LCK divide by zero problem HELP!!!

Hello netters,

A few weeks ago I posted a message concerning a problem with the
L(ibrary) C(onstruction) K(it).
I recieved no mail but I am convinced that someone out there must
have stumbled on the same problem.
The problem briefly stated is this :
Whenever I load a library created with the 2.5 LCK version using
the Microsoft suplied DOSC7.MAK nmake make-file (ms c/c++ compiler version 8.00) and hapen to divide a number by zero (e.g. ? 1/0) I get :
Math run-time error M6103 - floating-point error: divide by zero .
This problem only occurs when I am using the normal foxpro 2.5 version and
not when I am using the extended version.

A simple solution seems to use the extended version only.
But we would like to run our foxpro application on a laptop with
no extended memory.

So does anybody out there know how I can stop the math-run-time
error handling to overide that of foxpro's ?

   Please send possible fixes or other bright ideas to:

   or better still post them to this newsgroup so that other users
   can benefit also.

   Thanks in advance,
                       Marc

Fri, 21 Jun 1996 23:48:44 GMT
 LCK divide by zero problem HELP!!!
The only thing I can think of is that if you know there is going to be
an error and you know where the error is going to be located, then use
an IF-THEN-ELSE statement at that location.

   IF B <> 0
      C=A/B
      ELSE
         C = 0
      ENDIF

I saw a baby crawling, a young man walking, an old man hobbling, a coffin
laid to rest, and realized it was I and that life was just a jest. - Mark
Manning

Mon, 24 Jun 1996 23:46:52 GMT

1. Divide by zero problem when porting FoxPro 2.6 (Win) to Visual FoxPro

2. Divide by zero or overflow error

3. error "overflow or divide by zero"

4. Divide by Zero or Overflow Error

5. Divide by Zero - even with SlowStart

6. FPW26: possible fix to DIVIDE BY ZERO

7. NEWS! FPW Divide By Zero Patch - Please Read

8. Divide by zero error

9. Divide by zero

10. Divide by Zero Patch FPW2.5

11. divide by zero

12. divide by zero error with Foxpro 2.6 and NT4