Word 97 OLE Automation error
Author Message
 Word 97 OLE Automation error

Hi All,

Have come across a problem on an app I created that prints a form via Word.
Works OK in Win98se and Word 2k but some PC's have Word 97. When printing
the form get 1426 error - OLE Exception Code 0x800706be. Did MSKB search and
found TID-Q181894 -- need to handle Windows messaging using C++
PeekMessage(). Anyone know how to handle this in VFP6 - any articles in
Advisor cover this?

TIA
Dave Whitt
Roanoke, Va

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:42:12 GMT
 Word 97 OLE Automation error
Word97 was not the best-behaved automation server.

Your best bet is to tell those customers to upgrade to a current version of
Office. (O2K isn't even current any more!)

Since I know it isn't always possible to tell clients to upgrade, I'd like
to help solve this but without know what code you're using that causes this
error it's impossible to guess.

THE ESSENTIAL book on automation is "Office Automation with VFP" by Granor &
Martin. It's available at http://www.hentzenwerke.com.

Dan

Quote:
> Hi All,

> Have come across a problem on an app I created that prints a form via
Word.
> Works OK in Win98se and Word 2k but some PC's have Word 97. When printing
> the form get 1426 error - OLE Exception Code 0x800706be. Did MSKB search
and
> found TID-Q181894 -- need to handle Windows messaging using C++
> PeekMessage(). Anyone know how to handle this in VFP6 - any articles in
> Advisor cover this?

> TIA
> Dave Whitt
> Roanoke, Va

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 02:16:06 GMT
 Word 97 OLE Automation error
Check out KB#Q181894.  I know, the article's brevity may not be of much help
<g>.
A snippet of the VFP code that raises this error may help to isolate your
problem.
--
Robert Hoogstraat [SI]

Quote:
> Hi All,

> Have come across a problem on an app I created that prints a form via
Word.
> Works OK in Win98se and Word 2k but some PC's have Word 97. When printing
> the form get 1426 error - OLE Exception Code 0x800706be. Did MSKB search
and
> found TID-Q181894 -- need to handle Windows messaging using C++
> PeekMessage(). Anyone know how to handle this in VFP6 - any articles in
> Advisor cover this?

> TIA
> Dave Whitt
> Roanoke, Va

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 03:09:43 GMT
 Word 97 OLE Automation error
We've also noticed the VFP7 is much more stable when it comes to automation.
...and using IntelliSense to do the automation programming is absolutely
awesome!

Quote:
> Word97 was not the best-behaved automation server.

> Your best bet is to tell those customers to upgrade to a current version
of
> Office. (O2K isn't even current any more!)

> Since I know it isn't always possible to tell clients to upgrade, I'd like
> to help solve this but without know what code you're using that causes
this
> error it's impossible to guess.

> THE ESSENTIAL book on automation is "Office Automation with VFP" by Granor
&
> Martin. It's available at http://www.hentzenwerke.com.

> Dan

> > Hi All,

> > Have come across a problem on an app I created that prints a form via
> Word.
> > Works OK in Win98se and Word 2k but some PC's have Word 97. When
printing
> > the form get 1426 error - OLE Exception Code 0x800706be. Did MSKB search
> and
> > found TID-Q181894 -- need to handle Windows messaging using C++
> > PeekMessage(). Anyone know how to handle this in VFP6 - any articles in
> > Advisor cover this?

> > TIA
> > Dave Whitt
> > Roanoke, Va

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 04:53:45 GMT

1. VFP5 OLE Automation Error (Word '97)

2. VFP5.0a-WORD 97-OLE Automation

3. Automation of Word 97, SaveAs()

4. Automation (Word 97)

5. RESOLUTION: Excel 97/2000 OLE Automation Windows 2000

6. Excel 97/2000 OLE Automation in Win2K

7. OLE automation (VFP6.0) with excel 97 and Graph 8.0

8. VFP3.0 OLE controls and word 97

9. OLE and VBA in Word 97 Help Please...

10. Help with OLE and Word 97 Problem

11. OLE, Foxpro and Word 97

12. Word Office 97 Object reference error in VFP 6