2.6/DOS: Cannot Build Stand-Alone EXE
Author Message
 2.6/DOS: Cannot Build Stand-Alone EXE

2.6/DOS.  The option to build a stand-alone EXE is greyed out for me.
It's been so long I forget how this all works.  I'm sure we own multiple
licensed copies of the full product, including the distribution kit, but
I'm guessing we're either missing some files or need to install
something on the copy we're using that we didn't install originally.

TIA.

-S-

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 05:23:56 GMT
 2.6/DOS: Cannot Build Stand-Alone EXE
2.6 didn't have a Distribution Kit.  It must be something else.

--

Fred
Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP

Quote:

> 2.6/DOS.  The option to build a stand-alone EXE is greyed out for me.
> It's been so long I forget how this all works.  I'm sure we own
> multiple licensed copies of the full product, including the
> distribution kit, but I'm guessing we're either missing some files or
> need to install something on the copy we're using that we didn't
> install originally.

> TIA.

> -S-

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 05:34:07 GMT
 2.6/DOS: Cannot Build Stand-Alone EXE
Hmm, 2.6 didn't have a need to purchase the DK separately, it was included.
I don't remember if it was on a 2nd diskette or not, now you're just asking
me to remember things long ago forgotten!

--

Fred
Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may benefit.

Quote:

> 2.6 didn't have a Distribution Kit.  It must be something else.

> Fred
> Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may benefit.

>> 2.6/DOS.  The option to build a stand-alone EXE is greyed out for me.
>> It's been so long I forget how this all works.  I'm sure we own
>> multiple licensed copies of the full product, including the
>> distribution kit, but I'm guessing we're either missing some files or
>> need to install something on the copy we're using that we didn't
>> install originally.

>> TIA.

>> -S-

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 05:37:34 GMT
 2.6/DOS: Cannot Build Stand-Alone EXE
I don't think you're correct about this, Fred.  I think there was a
separate distribution kit, and another, separate library construction
kit, and each was purchased separately.

-S-

Quote:

> Hmm, 2.6 didn't have a need to purchase the DK separately, it was included.
> I don't remember if it was on a 2nd diskette or not, now you're just asking
> me to remember things long ago forgotten!

> --

> Fred
> Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may benefit.

> > 2.6 didn't have a Distribution Kit.  It must be something else.

> > Fred
> > Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
> > Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may benefit.

> >> 2.6/DOS.  The option to build a stand-alone EXE is greyed out for me.
> >> It's been so long I forget how this all works.  I'm sure we own
> >> multiple licensed copies of the full product, including the
> >> distribution kit, but I'm guessing we're either missing some files or
> >> need to install something on the copy we're using that we didn't
> >> install originally.

> >> TIA.

> >> -S-

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:36:00 GMT
 2.6/DOS: Cannot Build Stand-Alone EXE
That was true for 2.0, but there was only the Professional version of 2.6.
But you may be right, that may not have come about to be the single version
until VFP.  I don't rightly remember and I'm not sure just where my 2.6
diskettes are to check.
--

Fred
Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may benefit.

Quote:

> I don't think you're correct about this, Fred.  I think there was a
> separate distribution kit, and another, separate library construction
> kit, and each was purchased separately.

> -S-

>> Hmm, 2.6 didn't have a need to purchase the DK separately, it was
>> included. I don't remember if it was on a 2nd diskette or not, now
>> you're just asking me to remember things long ago forgotten!

>> --

>> Fred
>> Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
>> Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may benefit.

>>> 2.6 didn't have a Distribution Kit.  It must be something else.

>>> Fred
>>> Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
>>> Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may benefit.

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:24:41 GMT
 2.6/DOS: Cannot Build Stand-Alone EXE
By chance, I have the disks from 2.0 and 2.6DOS in front of me.  The 2.0
program and distribution sets had separate activation codes, but the 2.6
version had no such codes - so I didn't know if they had been packaged
together or not.  But it turns out that 2.6 still had a 'standard' version,
after all:

    http://www.foxprohistory.org/softwareboxes_ms.htm

 - Rush

Quote:
> That was true for 2.0, but there was only the Professional version of 2.6.
> But you may be right, that may not have come about to be the single
version
> until VFP.  I don't rightly remember and I'm not sure just where my 2.6
> diskettes are to check.
> --

> Fred
> Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may benefit.

> > I don't think you're correct about this, Fred.  I think there was a
> > separate distribution kit, and another, separate library construction
> > kit, and each was purchased separately.

> > -S-

> >> Hmm, 2.6 didn't have a need to purchase the DK separately, it was
> >> included. I don't remember if it was on a 2nd diskette or not, now
> >> you're just asking me to remember things long ago forgotten!

> >> --

> >> Fred
> >> Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
> >> Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may benefit.

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:41:14 GMT
 2.6/DOS: Cannot Build Stand-Alone EXE
Thanks.  I haven't installed the DOS version since probably '96, so it's
been 5+ years.  I still run it, but it's just "out there" on my network.
Runs great on my 1.33Ghz box!

--

Fred
Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may benefit.

Quote:

> By chance, I have the disks from 2.0 and 2.6DOS in front of me.  The
> 2.0 program and distribution sets had separate activation codes, but
> the 2.6 version had no such codes - so I didn't know if they had been
> packaged together or not.  But it turns out that 2.6 still had a
> 'standard' version, after all:

>     http://www.foxprohistory.org/softwareboxes_ms.htm

>  - Rush

>> That was true for 2.0, but there was only the Professional version
>> of 2.6. But you may be right, that may not have come about to be the
>> single
> version
>> until VFP.  I don't rightly remember and I'm not sure just where my
>> 2.6 diskettes are to check.
>> --

>> Fred
>> Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
>> Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may benefit.

>>> I don't think you're correct about this, Fred.  I think there was a
>>> separate distribution kit, and another, separate library
>>> construction kit, and each was purchased separately.

>>> -S-

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:47:28 GMT
 2.6/DOS: Cannot Build Stand-Alone EXE
Foxpro 2.6 came with the following:

Distribution Kit
Connectivity Kit
Library Construction Kit
WorkGroup Extensions (FoxPro for Windows only)

You need the DK to build exe files.  Check your Foxpro install directory
and look and see if you have any files or folders that start with
DK...that'll
let you know if you installed the DK or not.

--
Craig B

Quote:
> 2.6/DOS.  The option to build a stand-alone EXE is greyed out for me.
> It's been so long I forget how this all works.  I'm sure we own multiple
> licensed copies of the full product, including the distribution kit, but
> I'm guessing we're either missing some files or need to install
> something on the copy we're using that we didn't install originally.

> TIA.

> -S-

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 23:52:47 GMT
 2.6/DOS: Cannot Build Stand-Alone EXE
I just checked my inventory and have somewhere 2 unopened copies of a
DOS 2.6 distribution kit from 1994. These were purchased 2 months
after I purchased Foxpor/DOS 2.6 - so maybe the distrubiton was not
included. ???

Quote:
>Hmm, 2.6 didn't have a need to purchase the DK separately, it was included.
>I don't remember if it was on a 2nd diskette or not, now you're just asking
>me to remember things long ago forgotten!

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 03:32:50 GMT
 2.6/DOS: Cannot Build Stand-Alone EXE

Quote:

> Foxpro 2.6 came with the following:

> Distribution Kit
> Connectivity Kit
> Library Construction Kit
> WorkGroup Extensions (FoxPro for Windows only)

You are right, but only for FoxPro 2.6 Professional.
Standard version had only foxpro installation files.

--Pozdrawiam,

Fri, 22 Oct 2004 05:14:25 GMT

1. FP DOS 2.6, Build Compact, Stand Alone, Extended?

2. Building a stand alone EXE in VFP 6.0

3. Stand Alone Application Fox2.5 DOS

4. Creating stand-alone app in FoxPro 2.6/Mac

5. Graphing in a stand-alone exe

6. Executing a prg from a stand alone exe

7. VFP6.0 Execute .app from a stand alone (.exe)

8. stand-alone .exe

9. Problem running stand alone .exe

10. Problems creating stand-alone .exe in VFP 3.0

11. VFP 5.0 - what is needed to run stand alone exe

12. Stand-Alone EXE's in VFP 5.0 ??