VFP vs Jet
Author Message
 VFP vs Jet

I am coming under increasing pressure from clients to migrate their
FoxPro-based databases to one of the Jet-based products.  I have
little personal experience of Jet-based products, but from the few
times I have had to develop in Access (2.0 and 97) I am left with the
impression that VFP 6.0 is a vastly superior performer.  Unfortunately
I don't have much objective evidence of this.

I would be very grateful for any hard facts anyone can give me which I
can use to persuade my clients to stick with FoxPro (performance data,
relative capacities, robustness, stand-alone and network behaviour or
whatever).

reasonable collection of responses I'll put them together and
republish them in this thread.

Many thanks in advance

Rod Johnson

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Foxpro 5 vs Jet 3.5 Comparisons (Help!)

2. Repost: Visual Foxpro vs Jet 3.5 (anybody???)

3. HELP - PLEASE - VFP & ODBC/JET

4. HELP - PLEASE - VFP & ODBC/JET

5. VFP vs 2.6; Grid vs Browse

6. VFP vs 2.6; Grid vs

7. vfp vs vb vs delphi

8. FPW 2.x vs VFP vs Access

9. FPW 2.6 vs VFP 3.0 vs ???

10. DODEFAULT() - VFP events VS. Method execution VS. Scope Resolution

11. MSDOS HP Laser Jet IV Drivers

12. Wanted: Cannon Buble Jet (BJ-10ex) Printer Driver