How can I add two fields on a form to a 3rd field in Visual Foxpro 5.0
Author Message
 How can I add two fields on a form to a 3rd field in Visual Foxpro 5.0

re: Visual Foxpro 5.0
I have a form with qty1 and qty2 and total which are all in a database.
All fields are blank when I start the form.
I want the form to multiply qty1 and qty2 then update the blank total
field on the form as I tab over to it on the form.  Everything I've tried
will only work on the values of qty1 and qty2 before I get on the form
(which is zero).  I tried various things in the code for the textbox which
has the total, but again, it always comes up zero.

Thank you.

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I add two fields on a form to a 3rd field in Visual Foxpro 5.0

in the refresh() method of the total control you might try
this.value=thisform.txtboxqty1.value * thisform.txtboxqty2.value
where txtboxqty1 & 2 are the names of the controls used to enter qty1 & qty2
on the form.

Quote:

> re: Visual Foxpro 5.0
> I have a form with qty1 and qty2 and total which are all in a database.
> All fields are blank when I start the form.
> I want the form to multiply qty1 and qty2 then update the blank total
> field on the form as I tab over to it on the form.  Everything I've tried
> will only work on the values of qty1 and qty2 before I get on the form
> (which is zero).  I tried various things in the code for the textbox which
> has the total, but again, it always comes up zero.

> Thank you.

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I add two fields on a form to a 3rd field in Visual Foxpro 5.0

RE>re: Visual Foxpro 5.0
RE>I have a form with qty1 and qty2 and total which are all in a
RE>database. All fields are blank when I start the form.
RE>I want the form to multiply qty1 and qty2 then update the blank total
RE>field on the form as I tab over to it on the form.  Everything I've
RE>tried will only work on the values of qty1 and qty2 before I get on
RE>the form (which is zero).  I tried various things in the code for the
RE>textbox which has the total, but again, it always comes up zero.

RE>Thank you.

Use the valid clauses of qty1 and qty2 to calculate the total and issue
SHOW GET commands.

This message was processed by NetXpress from Merlin Systems Inc.

Wed, 30 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I add two fields on a form to a 3rd field in Visual Foxpro 5.0

Brian,
  This was for VFP, not FP 2.x.. NO SHOW GETS in SIGHT..

Quote:

> RE>re: Visual Foxpro 5.0
> RE>I have a form with qty1 and qty2 and total which are all in a
> RE>database. All fields are blank when I start the form.
> RE>I want the form to multiply qty1 and qty2 then update the blank total
> RE>field on the form as I tab over to it on the form.  Everything I've
> RE>tried will only work on the values of qty1 and qty2 before I get on
> RE>the form (which is zero).  I tried various things in the code for the
> RE>textbox which has the total, but again, it always comes up zero.

> RE>Thank you.

> Use the valid clauses of qty1 and qty2 to calculate the total and issue
> SHOW GET commands.

-
Quote:

> This message was processed by NetXpress from Merlin Systems Inc.

-

Fri, 01 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How can i Add and display two fields in a list Box at runtime

2. VB 5.0 and Visual Fox Pro 5.0 and Memo Fields

3. 16 digit numeric field in Visual Foxpro 5.0

4. Reading Sql Server Blob Field with Visual FoxPro 5.0

5. PLEASE HELP - HOW TO STORE THE VALUE INTO THE FIELD FOR VISUAL FOXPRO FORM

6. HELP-Two input screens with fields from two related tables

7. Add fields to a table using variables as Fields Names

8. Forms , Fields for Picture - How I can add ?

9. HELP - Adding fields to Wizard forms

10. Visual FoxPro 5.0 and Visual Basic 5.0

11. Help: Report Form Fields print blank - reposted report form fields print blank report form fields print blank

12. Covert COBOL Computational Field To Numeric Field In FoxPro