SELECT from a view with table buffering question
Author Message
 SELECT from a view with table buffering question

I have a form which uses a local view with optimistic table buffering.
At the start the view has no records. I do an INSERT INTO view to add
1 record. I then SELECT * FORM view and it returns 0 records. If I
browse the view the 1 record is still there.

I'm guessing that I can't do a SELECT from the view until I have
committed the changes, but this seems somewhat odd to me.

Anyone have any ionsights into this?

Thanks.

Sat, 05 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SELECT from a view with table buffering question
We ran into the same thing.... The SQL looks at the OLDVAL... our solution
was to SCAN the view to work with the information in it. Fortunately we were
dealing with only 1 or 2 records.

Sat, 05 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SELECT from a view with table buffering question
Nothin odd. Views in forms are buffered by default and a SELECT will read
data from the harddisk. If the new row isn't there yet because the insert
into the view hasn't been commnited by a TableUpdate, or moving to an new
row in case of rowbuffering, then the result is no rows.  Xbase commands
like COPY TO read from the buffer though.
-Anders

Quote:
>I have a form which uses a local view with optimistic table buffering.
>At the start the view has no records. I do an INSERT INTO view to add
>1 record. I then SELECT * FORM view and it returns 0 records. If I
>browse the view the 1 record is still there.

>I'm guessing that I can't do a SELECT from the view until I have
>committed the changes, but this seems somewhat odd to me.

>Anyone have any ionsights into this?

>Thanks.

Sat, 05 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. - How to SELECT from table buffered view without issuing TABLEUPDATE

2. Question on Table Buffering & Views

3. SELECT on buffered views

4. SQL-Select on buffered tables

5. SQL Select & Table Buffering

6. Problem with Select SQL and table buffering

7. Problem with Select SQL and table buffering

8. SQL-Select from table-buffered cursor

9. How can you SQL select buffered tables

10. How can you SQL Select buffered tables

11. SELECT on buffered tables

12. SQL Select from Buffered Table