Import Wizard - Excel to VFP6.0
Author Message
 Import Wizard - Excel to VFP6.0

I'm suddenly getting an error message when using the VFP 6.0 Import
Wizard to import Excel spreadsheets.  This began happening after
installation of a demo for Family Treasures V 4.0 (a genealogy
program).  So far, I've their tech support has been unable to help.
Tried uninstalling the demo with no result.    The error message is as
follows:

    "Error #1426 in getworksheets(0): OLE error code 0x80070725:
Incompatible Version of the RPC stub"

Other problems which began occurring at the same time but are not FoxPro
related are:  1) Norton Live Update suddenly says it is unable to find
any products to update and 2) Paint Shop Pro seems to be speaking
Norwegian in some (but not all) dialogue boxes.

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Elaine

Mon, 02 Jan 2006 08:10:20 GMT
 Import Wizard - Excel to VFP6.0
Elaine,
It sounds like you'll either need to get the "Family Treasures" people to disclose ALL that they did to your system, restore your system to a state prior to this install (tape backups have saved me a few times), or reformat your drive and reinstall all the software on your system.

Rick

Quote:

> I'm suddenly getting an error message when using the VFP 6.0 Import
> Wizard to import Excel spreadsheets.  This began happening after
> installation of a demo for Family Treasures V 4.0 (a genealogy
> program).  So far, I've their tech support has been unable to help.
> Tried uninstalling the demo with no result.    The error message is as
> follows:

>     "Error #1426 in getworksheets(0): OLE error code 0x80070725:
> Incompatible Version of the RPC stub"

> Other problems which began occurring at the same time but are not FoxPro
> related are:  1) Norton Live Update suddenly says it is unable to find
> any products to update and 2) Paint Shop Pro seems to be speaking
> Norwegian in some (but not all) dialogue boxes.

> Any ideas on how to resolve this would be much appreciated.

> Thanks.
> Elaine

Mon, 02 Jan 2006 21:21:31 GMT
 Import Wizard - Excel to VFP6.0
Hi Elaine,

A Google search turned up the following:

Subject: Re: Error Message 37: Incompatible Version of the RPC Stub
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
Date: 2003-04-23 08:01:55 PST

Error Message: Incompatible Version of the RPC Stub When you install a
program that uses the InstallShield program, you may
receive the following error message: Unhandled Exception, Error: 0x80070725
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321915 (2000/NT Nov. 6, 2002)

Q105810 - ERRMSG: Incompatible Version of the RPC Stub Look for this article
Q105810 - ERRMSG: Incompatible Version of the RPC
Stub. http://support.installshield.com/support_central/pro.asp

Incompatible Version of the RPC stub When trying to install or run the
product, the following error message
appears: "0x80070725 Incompatible Version of the RPC stub"

Your problem may be caused by some bad BHOs or spywares.
Find the cause :

http://www.lavasoft.de/
Remove SpyWare Ads 9x/NT/2000 Ad-Aware/Adaware Be sure to get updated
reference file while there. FREE !
(Listed as Signature File on download page.)

Install - reboot - run

-- Cindy Winegarden  MCSD, Microsoft Visual FoxPro

Quote:
> I'm suddenly getting an error message when using the VFP 6.0 Import
> Wizard to import Excel spreadsheets.  This began happening after
> installation of a demo for Family Treasures V 4.0 (a genealogy
> program).  So far, I've their tech support has been unable to help.
> Tried uninstalling the demo with no result.    The error message is as
> follows:

>     "Error #1426 in getworksheets(0): OLE error code 0x80070725:
> Incompatible Version of the RPC stub"

> Other problems which began occurring at the same time but are not FoxPro
> related are:  1) Norton Live Update suddenly says it is unable to find
> any products to update and 2) Paint Shop Pro seems to be speaking
> Norwegian in some (but not all) dialogue boxes.

Tue, 03 Jan 2006 08:38:16 GMT
 Import Wizard - Excel to VFP6.0
Cindy,

Thanks so much for this.  You have saved the day!  The first link you provided
suggested downloading mcrepair.exe - which asked me if I wanted to overwrite
newer versions of two OLE DLLs with older ones.  I said 'yes' and all three
problems were solved.  I can import Excel worksheets into FoxPro, my graphics
program is speaking English again and I can update my virus definitions!  I'd
google searched for known problems with the Family Treasures software - never
occurred to me to search for the FoxPro error message.  I'll know better next
time and, meanwhile, I'm very grateful.

Thanks also to Rick Bean - whose suggestions were going to be my next step.

Elaine

Quote:

> Hi Elaine,

> A Google search turned up the following:

> Subject: Re: Error Message 37: Incompatible Version of the RPC Stub
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
> Date: 2003-04-23 08:01:55 PST

> Error Message: Incompatible Version of the RPC Stub When you install a
> program that uses the InstallShield program, you may
> receive the following error message: Unhandled Exception, Error: 0x80070725
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321915 (2000/NT Nov. 6, 2002)

> Q105810 - ERRMSG: Incompatible Version of the RPC Stub Look for this article
> Q105810 - ERRMSG: Incompatible Version of the RPC
> Stub. http://support.installshield.com/support_central/pro.asp

> Incompatible Version of the RPC stub When trying to install or run the
> product, the following error message
> appears: "0x80070725 Incompatible Version of the RPC stub"

> Your problem may be caused by some bad BHOs or spywares.
> Find the cause :

> http://www.lavasoft.de/
> Remove SpyWare Ads 9x/NT/2000 Ad-Aware/Adaware Be sure to get updated
> reference file while there. FREE !
> (Listed as Signature File on download page.)

> Install - reboot - run

> -- Cindy Winegarden  MCSD, Microsoft Visual FoxPro

> > I'm suddenly getting an error message when using the VFP 6.0 Import
> > Wizard to import Excel spreadsheets.  This began happening after
> > installation of a demo for Family Treasures V 4.0 (a genealogy
> > program).  So far, I've their tech support has been unable to help.
> > Tried uninstalling the demo with no result.    The error message is as
> > follows:

> >     "Error #1426 in getworksheets(0): OLE error code 0x80070725:
> > Incompatible Version of the RPC stub"

> > Other problems which began occurring at the same time but are not FoxPro
> > related are:  1) Norton Live Update suddenly says it is unable to find
> > any products to update and 2) Paint Shop Pro seems to be speaking
> > Norwegian in some (but not all) dialogue boxes.

Wed, 04 Jan 2006 08:29:08 GMT
 Import Wizard - Excel to VFP6.0
Hi Elaine,

Surf on over to http://security.kolla.de/ and get SpyBot Search and Destroy
and go to http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/ and get AdAware. I
run both of these from time to time, especially when I've been websurfing.
Each will find things the other didn't.

> [...]

> > Install - reboot - run

> > -- Cindy Winegarden  MCSD, Microsoft Visual FoxPro

> > > I'm suddenly getting an error message when using the VFP 6.0 Import
> > > Wizard to import Excel spreadsheets.  This began happening after
> > > installation of a demo for Family Treasures V 4.0 (a genealogy
> > > program).  So far, I've their tech support has been unable to help.
> > > Tried uninstalling the demo with no result.    The error message is as
> > > follows:

> > >     "Error #1426 in getworksheets(0): OLE error code 0x80070725:
> > > Incompatible Version of the RPC stub"

> > > Other problems which began occurring at the same time but are not
FoxPro
> > > related are:  1) Norton Live Update suddenly says it is unable to find
> > > any products to update and 2) Paint Shop Pro seems to be speaking
> > > Norwegian in some (but not all) dialogue boxes.

Thu, 05 Jan 2006 06:45:32 GMT

1. Is there a VFP6 Wizard wizard?

2. Import Excel 5.0 worksheet into FPD 2.6

3. Import Excel 5.0 worksheet into FPD 2.6?

4. Fox 2.6 Import/Append from Excel 5

5. Error In Dates Imported From Excel

6. BUG: Error In Dates Imported From Excel

7. Excel Import

8. Import Excel 97

9. Import Excel

10. Importing data from Excel (.XLS)

11. importing visual fox .dbf file into excel

12. import excel file